Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Some HUGE and EXCITING News

Hey Everyone….Happy Wednesday!!


Quick update on the running front, things are slowly getting back on track.  I’ve been willing myself back into my routine and it seems to be working so far.  I’m not sure why waking up early and running in the morning has become such a task but I have to get over this lull.  This weekend I have the Rock N Roll Half Marathon and I’m not too sure how this race is going to pan out.  I basically have two thoughts on how to approach this thing:

1)      Take the GoPro, run a nice and easy pace, and finish this race as a training run.  I’ll more than likely be running 10-15 miles on Saturday so this will be the second day of a back to back weekend.  Additionally, my cousin is running her first half marathon so I may go back out on the course and run a bit with her which would add to my mileage for the day.

2)      Go out in a blaze of glory!! LOL…I was talking to Mrs. Schlub about just going out there, hammering away at the miles going after a PR, and just embracing the blow up.  Who knows, maybe my legs will hold up and I’ll be able to suffer through a PR LOL.

So we shall see.

BIG NEWS!!!


On to more important matters.  Yes this blog is running and I think about 99.99% of my posts and topics are related to running.  I typically give very little insight into my life outside of running.  From the start this was a running blog and I try to stick with that topic as much as possible.  Who would possible want to know me outside of the running right?!?! LOL.

Drum roll please….


Today I am proud and excited to announce that Mrs. Schlub and I are expecting our fourth child.  Taaaaa…Daaaaa!!

That’s right, in our old age we are returning to diapers and baby food for the fourth time.  To be honest we’ve known for a while that we are expecting but I personally am superstitious about these types of things and wanted to wait until tests and Dr visits came back positive before we started to spreading the good news.  Mrs. Schlub got some test results back, everything looks great and it looks like we are having another baby girl.  We are truly blessed to be bringing another child into this world and this will certainly be another great chapter in our lives.  The kids are very excited to be adding a baby sister to our family and we’ve got nothing but positive encouragement from our friend and family.

A little swerve from the normal running posts but this news was too excited not to share with everyone

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That is exciting news--I hope you will post updates!
    Good luck this weekend. About the whole blaze of glory thing, just don't get injured!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! Congratulations!! I hope she has been feeling well! Growing a baby is hard work. :)

    And I think you should go out in a blaze of glory. Maybe it'll be the most miserable decision of your life, or maybe you'll run a 1:29. Yeah yeah?? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so exciting!!! I hope that Mrs. is feeling good and that you're catering to her 24/7! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What an exciting time for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER exciting! Congratualtions! That's wonderful news!
    I'm thinking you will probably go for PR....that sounds like a plan? How far off is your next ultra? I guess go with what the moment brings! Helping out the newbie sounds good as well though...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!