Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Getting Back On Track

Happy Thursday Everyone!!

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations on our upcoming baby.  So far everything is going well, good reports for mommy and baby, and that is about the best news we can ask for.  I'll definitely keep everyone updated as we progress along and get closer to the due date.


**Back On Track**

Just last week I posted about being in a rut and my schedule was all messed up.  I wasn't waking up early like I normally do and my overall motivation was just lack luster. 


Well....I woke up early last Saturday and got out for a pretty easy paced 10 miles then spent the rest of the day volunteering at the San Tan Scramble Ultra.  I have to say, being at the main aid station and seeing all the runners killing it out there at the race, that was more than enough motivation to get my butt back in gear.  As I was gone all day Saturday, I turned Sunday into a rest day and had every intention of coming out strong on Monday.

This week has been pretty awesome so far.  I don't want to go into a full blown weekly report but here are some highlights:

I got in some light strength training on Monday and Wednesday this week.  Friday is a rest day but I plan to get some strength training that day as well.  WHAT?!?!  I know I've gone to the dark side lol.

Tuesday - I was able to wake up early for my run.  Then I doubled up and was able to get on the mountain twice.  Solid day, ended up with 6.6 miles and 2000 feet of elevation gain.



Thursday - I woke up early again this morning.  I did a double loop with the guys in my running group.  Another solid day, ended up with 10 miles and 1400 feet of elevation gain.

Saturday - Plan to run 15 miles with the guys.

Sunday - Rock N Roll Half Marathon plus getting back out on the course for some more miles.

Not only does it feel good that I'm getting back to business and have had a much better routine this week, but my legs have felt amazing.  I should end up with about 60 miles this week which is a pretty big week, add in that my legs are holding up strong, and things are a full 180* from last week.

I'm going to try and throw some shots up on Sunday during the RnR so look out for those if you're sitting at home with nothing to do on Sunday LOL.

How's your training going this week??

Any suggested strength training exercises for a newbie like myself??

3 comments:

  1. I missed your exciting news-- congrats!!
    As for strength training, I think its best to start with a few simple moves like squats, lunges, planks, and push-ups. Good luck with the race this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I were talking tonight about how it's been so hard to get up in the morning compared to any other time of the year. I'm glad you have found your mojo again!

    Good luck Sunday. I'll be doing the 5k on Saturday. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whooo glad that motivation came back! Sounds like you've got a super solid week weekend planned. Have fun!!!!

    I'll keep an eye out for pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!