Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Monday, November 14, 2016

You Gotta See This

It is done!!


I am officially into the taper and after my monster numbers last week, I feel 100% confident going into my first 50K.

I’m working on a full weekly update but I wanted to share with all of you the fantastic weekend that I had.  I originally had on the plan a 24 mile and 13 mile back to back weekend.  Because of our schedule change I’ve been running my long runs on Sunday with my recovery run coming on Saturday.  It has made it tougher to run the long run as the last day of the week but you have to get the miles in when you can right??  Like I said last week, I saw that I was planned for 66 total miles and I was going to challenge myself to go after 70 miles for the week.  That means I changed my plans for the weekend to be a 15 mile and 26 mile back to back weekend.

All I can say is that I dominated this weekend!!


Saturday ended up being 15.5 miles with 1100 feet of elevation gain and an average pace of 9:49 min/mile.

Sunday ended up being 26.2 miles with 1400 feet of elevation gain and an average pace of 10:40 min/mile.

So for the week, I ended up with 72.5 miles and 7600 feet of elevation gain.  WOW!!

Honestly I never thought that many miles in one week would be possible.  I’m sure as all of us our runners, you know that feeling of pride and accomplishment that comes with such a big milestone.  Honestly all I can say is that everything is coming together at the right time, my body feels amazing, and I’m looking forward to getting after it on race day.

How do you celebrate hitting a big milestone??

When was the last time you challenges yourself and pushed past your limitations

5 comments:

  1. Usually, after a long run, I think about what I am going to sit on the couch and eat afterwards!
    THat is an amazing week! Congrats--you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. INCREDIBLE! CONGRATULATIONS! Your training cycle has been so inspiring. I am really looking forward to cheering you on (from afar) for your race. This is a BIG DEAL and you are right, you are sooo prepared for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- that is amazing! I feel like its been so long since i have been able to challenge myself after being injured for months. Its such a good feeling to surprise yourself like that. Enjoy the taper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on making it through training! I can't wait to see how your race goes. I will be sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The taper is here , hooray!! Sounds like a great week ! I'm so glad that all is going well and you feel READY!! Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!