Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Monday, November 21, 2016

Monday Randomness

Hey Everyone!!

Welcome to Thanksgiving Week!!

Last week I had planned to do a link up with all my fellow bloggers about how much I dislike Mondays but I have to admit, three day work week has me pretty excited.

So instead, here is a random post Monday filled with a bunch of stuff just because lol.

1)      2 Week Notice -  I am officially inside 2 weeks until race day.  I was looking at my training plan and I literally have 5 more runs until its race time, can you believe it’s already here!!


2)      Annual Mileage – I was looking back over my Garmin data while I filled in my training plan and noticed that I have surpassed the 1,000 mile mark for this year.  That is pretty cool in itself but once I looked at the data a little more I was pretty surprised.  I’ll cover this in my annual review next month but I ran 27 miles in March and 19 miles in April.  I know I was throwing down massive amounts of miles the last few months so it more than made up for March and April but it’s just interesting to see the hiatus from running during those two months.

3)      Sleep is Good – Now that we have amazing weather here in AZ and I don’t have mid distance runs early in the morning, I’ve been able to get more runs done in the middle of the day on my lunch break.  This means that I’m able to sleep in and get up at a normal time to head into work.  I gotta say, my mind and body have been missing sleep quite a bit lol.  I actually feel like I’ve been pretty lazy the last few days.  You know that feeling when you get a good amount of sleep and wake up more tired than when you went to bed.  Yeah that feeling lol.


4)      Injury Prevention – Every year our church holds a Thanksgiving Flag Football tournament for all of us old washed up athletes to come out and re-live our glory days.  I’ve been a part of this the past few years and it’s always a good time hanging out with the other dad’s and playing some football.  Well this year I may doing a bit more watching than actually playing.  My concern is one of these big cavemen football players trampling me and next thing you know I’m injured for the race next week.  No Bueno!!  

5)      Thanksgiving – I always look forward to Thanksgiving.  As a family with strong faith, we are always appreciative of the blessings we have in our life.  But Thanksgiving is such a retrospective holiday where you can spend time with the ones you love and eat delicious foot.  I hope everyone has fantastic plans for the holiday.


6)      Christmas – I fought it off as much I could but we in fact will have Christmas decorations up for our Thanksgiving holiday lol.  I know we aren’t the only ones, there are houses in our neighborhood that had Christmas lights up last week.  None the less, we will be celebrating Thank-smas later this week lol.


How many miles have you ran so far this year?

Who else has Christmas decorations up already??

3 comments:

  1. I stopped tracking my mileage when I got hurt in June but I think at that point I was around 1000. now I am averaging like 40 miles a month so maybe Im at like 1200? We are planning to put up our decorations this weekend- gotta get past Thanksgiving first:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even with Christmas lol but I am not a big holiday person. I would do it for the young ones but mine is 27.
    Yes! Just say no to football lol when I was on vacation my hubby did a free fall jump and wanted me to go... I said nope to close to race day. You really don't want to tug or pull anything. You worked too hard.
    I am not sure since I had almost three months off - but I won't crack 1000 this year. Maybe next year I can run all year!
    I am excited for your race :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas decorations!!! The back of your chairs are so cute!

    Thank-smas ... hahaah I've never heard it called that before!

    Adam and I were just talking tonight about how we really hope we'll be in the new house early enough to go all out with Christmas decorations, but I fear that we may not move in until after Christmas! What a shame that the chimney will go unused ... I really wanted to tell Cecil about how Santa would come down the chimney this year :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!