Welcome to Thanksgiving Week!!
Last week I had planned to do a link up with all my fellow bloggers about how much I dislike Mondays but I have to admit, three day work week has me pretty excited.
So instead, here is a random post Monday filled with a bunch of stuff just because lol.
1) 2 Week Notice - I am officially inside 2 weeks until race day. I was looking at my training plan and I literally have 5 more runs until its race time, can you believe it’s already here!!
2) Annual Mileage – I was looking back over my Garmin data while I filled in my training plan and noticed that I have surpassed the 1,000 mile mark for this year. That is pretty cool in itself but once I looked at the data a little more I was pretty surprised. I’ll cover this in my annual review next month but I ran 27 miles in March and 19 miles in April. I know I was throwing down massive amounts of miles the last few months so it more than made up for March and April but it’s just interesting to see the hiatus from running during those two months.
3) Sleep is Good – Now that we have amazing weather here in AZ and I don’t have mid distance runs early in the morning, I’ve been able to get more runs done in the middle of the day on my lunch break. This means that I’m able to sleep in and get up at a normal time to head into work. I gotta say, my mind and body have been missing sleep quite a bit lol. I actually feel like I’ve been pretty lazy the last few days. You know that feeling when you get a good amount of sleep and wake up more tired than when you went to bed. Yeah that feeling lol.
4) Injury Prevention – Every year our church holds a Thanksgiving Flag Football tournament for all of us old washed up athletes to come out and re-live our glory days. I’ve been a part of this the past few years and it’s always a good time hanging out with the other dad’s and playing some football. Well this year I may doing a bit more watching than actually playing. My concern is one of these big cavemen football players trampling me and next thing you know I’m injured for the race next week. No Bueno!!
5) Thanksgiving – I always look forward to Thanksgiving. As a family with strong faith, we are always appreciative of the blessings we have in our life. But Thanksgiving is such a retrospective holiday where you can spend time with the ones you love and eat delicious foot. I hope everyone has fantastic plans for the holiday.
6) Christmas – I fought it off as much I could but we in fact will have Christmas decorations up for our Thanksgiving holiday lol. I know we aren’t the only ones, there are houses in our neighborhood that had Christmas lights up last week. None the less, we will be celebrating Thank-smas later this week lol.
How many miles have you ran so far this year?
Who else has Christmas decorations up already??