Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Got Some Awesome News

Check it out, 2 posts in 1 week, I’m setting the blog world on fire lol!!


I’ve got a couple awesome announcements and then the boring old training update.

Awesome news #1 - After extended time and a lot of ups and downs, Mrs. Schlub was officially cleared by her foot doctor to resume running.  Such amazing news, I can’t even tell you how happy she is and excited to get back out there running.  At the same time I can’t tell you how excited I am for her.  I’ve covered this previously, I get as much enjoyment out of seeing Mrs. Schlub’s accomplishments as I get out of my own.  Over the past year and a half seeing her without running which has become a real passion of hers has been tough, but now comes the long, grinding, and equally fantastic road to regaining her fitness.  I’ve already talked to her about coming out and running trails with me, she’s not a fan but I’m not going to give up lol.


Awesome news #2 – Guess who has joined the New Balance running team in my house??  Our soon to be 4yo is now a New Balance athlete just like here Daddy lol.  I have been taking our 8 yo and 4 yo out for walk/jogs when we have a free evening so they can play Pokémon Go.  Well it’s really an excuse for me to get them out of the house, start getting some jogging into their routine, and tire them out before bed.  I really hope that if we introduce running this early they will stick with it because it just provides so much value.  Well my little lady didn’t really have a pair of running shoes so I asked Mrs. Schlub to make sure she ordered her some New Balance shoes.  Of course they are super pink just like she prefers but still a solid pair of running shoes.  Gotta start them young right??


Training updated – The ITB was feeling pretty good but I was bombing some downhill sections this morning and I started to feel a little twinge again.  I decided to shut it down and finished off my run with a slow trot.  Just have to keep stretching to alleviate the tightness.  I really think all my ITB issues are from a tight right hip.  I’ve been focusing a lot of my stretching there because I believe that is the root cause, but we will see how things progress.

This weekend I have another set of back to back long runs with 18 and 8.  Due to a community service event at our church I have to run the 8 miler on Saturday then the 18 miler on Sunday.  Not the ideal way to run the back to back but my coach didn’t seem overly concerned so that’s how we are planning.

When was your last back to back long runs?  Did you run them traditionally with the longer of the two first??

5 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! So exciting for the Mrs to get back on the road! That sponge bob meme is killing me, so funny!

    When I was training for Portland I would always do my long run on Sat and my shakeout on Sunday, but during Hansons I always did the shorter run on Sat and the longer one on Sun! I definitely prefer the longer one on Sat, which is one reason I won't be doing Hansons again anytime soon! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting news!
    My parenting philosophy has always been to tire them out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Mrs. Schlub! That's great! I LOVE the pink shoes!!! Adorable! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl is a smart lady :) tire them out lol
    Glad to the Mrs. can get back out there!
    Just take it easy on the 8 and I bet it will be fine :)
    I am loving the hot pink shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fantastic that your wife is cleared to run again, and I love your daughter's pink running shoes - so adorable!

    When it comes to training, we've gotta do whatever it takes to fit it in, but we've got to be smart about it. Your coach wouldn't let you do it if he/she didn't think you could handle it. I'm sure you were told to take it a little easier on your Saturday run. Hope your 18 miles went well this morning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!