Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Do You Have Running MOJO??

Hey everyone, Happy Tuesday!!


I have my Manitou Incline video ready to go so I’m loading that to YouTube and Blog tonight so you will have to come back tomorrow to check that out.

I’m not a “weekly recap” kind of person these days, I primarily like sharing the running adventures that I’m blessed to accomplish as well as the beautiful scenery in the different locations I get to run.  But I’m going to make an exception today because I am pretty proud of the last couple weeks and what’s the use of having a running blog if you can’t brag about your accomplishments right lol….

7/31/16 – 8/6/16 – 30.09 miles and 3,515 feet of elevation gain

8/7/16 – 8/13/16 – 28.90 miles and 4,690 feet of elevation gain

The last time I ran 30 miles in one week was back in February and that included 26.2 miles during my second marathon.  So to be close to that in back to back weeks plus over 8,000 feet of climbing is pretty awesome.  The part that I’m most proud of is that I’m injury free right now and my legs feel great during “most” of my runs.  I say that because I got together with some guys from my run group this morning and man oh man was I suffering through our six miles.  Regardless, I’m in a great mindset right now, I’m loving running and look forward to most of my runs.  I’ve started talking to Mrs. Schlub about some upcoming trail races because as of right now the only thing I have officially planned is a half marathon next February.  That is way too far away and I’d hate to lose this mojo I have right now.  Why not take advantage and knock out some trail races right???

When was the last time you had some good running MOJO??

Just because here are some random sunrise pictures from the past couple weeks….




4 comments:

  1. Great Job! Are you on the Strava August Climbing challenge? You should be. My daughter is, so I drove her to the trails to get in some elevation gain with her today. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just joined. If I keep this pace up I should be able to knock out that challenge.

      Delete
  2. GORGEOUS pictures!

    Great job with your mileage and elevation gain!

    The heat/humidity combo has been killing me lately but my calves haven't been so I do feel like I've got a little extra pep in my step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sunsets :)
    Nice job on the high mileage weeks! Definitely time to find some races and have some fun!
    This is not my time of year, catch me in a few months LOL I should have good mojo in November!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!