Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Friday, June 10, 2016

Some Schlubing Adventures

Happy Friday Everyone!!

Man it feels like forever since I last posted.  Honestly I’ve been a bit lazy when I comes to the old blog, but I try to jump on all your blogs so I can see what everyone is up to lately.  In the Schlub house, we went out of town last weekend and I have a ton of stuff to share, but I also didn’t want to throw up a series of posts or a long winded 10 page post.  So here are the highlights with a bunch of pictures because at the end of the day that’s what I really want to share with everyone.  Honestly I’ve been thinking of changing the name of this blog from the Running Schlub to “Pictures of AZ” or something like that.  Seems to be all I’m interested in lately lol.

I posted on social media the other day that running has taken on a whole new adventure for me lately.  These past 3 months or so I’ve been blessed to run in some amazingly beautiful places and sharing the beauty of AZ has truly become a passion.  Not everyone has the ability to climb 1300 feet of elevation and see the amazing views from a mountain summit.  Not everyone can drive 2 hours and climb up a dangerous rock slide for summit views.  I hope that my pictures can allow people to enjoy that same beauty that I get to enjoy while also giving some inspiration to try some new activities.  Or maybe nobody cares and just scrolls on past all my crap lol. 

Pictures from up north, can't you tell this is the desert.




This was a crazy spot.  Little mound of dirt near the house so I decided to do hill repeats.  Only 300 feet of climbing but kicked my a%# over 4 repeats.  But man oh man the sunset was awesome.


Wednesday group run with Aravaipa Running again.  Really enjoying these group runs.  Again, the views were amazing.  I couldn't stop taking pictures lol.




This one is my favorite...I threw this one on Instagram.  I think I should submit to AZ Highways or some other magazine.


Hope everyone has an awesome weekend.  I'll be back next week.  Schlub out!!

5 comments:

  1. I like seeing all the pictures from your adventures :) Post away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wait, where's the 10 page post at? Lol! I would read it....:) Great shots, so very pretty! Enjoy your weekend~
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOLOLOLOLOL the title of this post is cracking me out! So is "Sclub out" LOLOLOLOLOL I'm dying here! Too funny!

    Your pics are seriously beautiful. I love getting to see these beautiful landscapes that I otherwise wouldn't ever see! Need more video though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cracking me up

      (definitely not cracked out over here lol)

      Delete
  4. I love the pics of you running Arizona. It truly is beautiful!! I completely agree with Kristina aobut the "schlub out" lol!! love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!