Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Schlubiversary and Fun Filled Run


Let me start by saying, today/tomorrow (totally up for debate lol) is the 10 year Schlubiversary for Mrs. Schlub and I.  It has been an amazing 10 years and I truly consider myself to be the luckiest guy in the world.  God has truly blessed me with a partner that balances me, challenges me, and loves me unconditionally for the person that I am.  Here is to 10 years and I look forward to so many more to come.


Much less important, I had a pretty eventful run on Monday evening.  If you didn't know, Monday was the summer solstice which means it was the L-O-N-G-E-S-T day of the year.  Out here in AZ we still had daylight around 8 pm which was crazy.  You would think having a few extra hours of daylight would be perfect for running but the summer solstice also brought extremely high temperatures.  When I started my run around 645 pm it was still 108* outside...but it's a dry heat right lol. 


I know I know, I shouldn't be out running in this excessive heat but I honestly felt fine the entire run.  I slowed down my pace and made sure to take my time throughout.  I also stopped a number of times to try out my GoPro and take some amazing shots of the Strawberry Moon.  No idea what the Strawnberry Moon is, let me show you.



I closed up the run in the dark so I threw on my headlamp and finished up.  BTW I've been on the search for weeks to show all of you one of these.  Check this guy out...


Lucky for me he didn't see me, he didn't even rattle his tail at me.  I snapped my pictures, skirted well around him on the opposite side of the trail, and headed out on my way.  Got home and what better way to refuel than some ribs and a nice cold beer.


Hottest day of the year, awesome Strawberry Moon, and a rattler...I call that pretty eventful lol.

Did you take advantage of the summer solstice?  What wildlife do you typically see on your runs??

5 comments:

  1. WHOA rattlers! I would be so scared to run into one of those bad boys! Typically the only wildlife I see on my runs is other humans :-)

    Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs Schlub!! So sweet!! You take her out somewhere nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I regularly see deer, raccoons, turkeys, swans, snakes (only non-poisonous here in NH)...I live in the woods! We have had bears in the yard, but I haven't seen any recently. Probably too many kids running around!
    That HEAT. We were dying in 84*! Today it is back down to 70*. I am not a fan of hot weather, but here it is usually humid with the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That snake is the reason I live in Michigan.
    I love the outdoors, I would love to run in areas as pretty as you do. As for having to dodge snakes and such while doing so. I'll pass.

    Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary :) Such a cute couple you are!
    The snake would have given me heart failure lol those things are fast.
    Your strawberry moon is awesome, I see that here in Fall called harvest moon, it turnes a brilliant orange. It is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! 10 years is an accomplishment!!

    Ooo yuck...rattlers...I swear they haunt me! We had one cruising around our driveway after we moved in and it's not like we live in the preserve or anything. That one looks pretty big!!

    I run in the afternoon heat too. My cut off is 110. I just bring water and go easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!