Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Movies and Getting Out of the Heat

Happy Thursday everyone, today is my Friday so I’m pretty stoked!


Mrs. Schlub and I are headed up north tomorrow for our anniversary.  Drop the kids off to grandma, head up north where its “less” hot, do a bunch of outdoor stuff, and get to spend quality time with the woman I love.  Going to be a great weekend!!

I originally had a lot of vertical gain planned for this week but Mrs. Schlub reminded me that I should probably have some fresh legs as I try to tackle Humphrey’s Peak.  What does she know right?!?!  Of course that was pretty good advice and I re-tooled my plan for this week.  I had a good workout on Monday during the extreme heat summer solstice then pretty much took Tues and Wed off from running.  I’m going to blame Mrs. Schlub because we ended up streaming Central Intelligence with The Rock and Kevin Hart as well as 10 Cloverfield Lane with John Goodman last night. 


Side note – I’m no movie buff so take this as complete personal preference.  Central Intelligence has a lot of funny parts but also has a lot of filler.  The Rock and Kevin Hart work really well together and I would recommend watching.  10 Cloverfield Lane was lame, a few parts have some suspense and drama but overall I could of done without watching the movie.  I do not recommend watching.

To continue my cut back week, I hit the mountain this morning with the purpose of hiking.  I ran a couple of the flat sections and obviously the descent but overall just wanted to get my legs moving.  I’ve got to be honest, my legs were a little bit sluggish and took some time to warm up.  Then to make things a bit scary I took a pretty good twisted ankle on the way down.  I jogged out just fine and doesn’t seem to be any swelling but one wrong step could spell disaster….so kids please be careful out there lol.

The real enjoyment came from this morning’s sunrise.  It sure was gorgeous today…




I’m still messing around with this GoPro to understand the various settings and when to use the different settings.  I tried a small time lapse of the sunrise so I hope I can throw that together and share tomorrow.  My first full blown video should come from this weekend so be on the lookout for that.

What was the last funny movie you saw that you would highly recommend?  What about suspense/drama movie that you would recommend??

2 comments:

  1. Great sunrise pictures! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My old coach used to say that trail running is a great way to avoid injury...but I always thought it'd be a nice way for me to fall and break my arm along with twisting my ankle. lol Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!