Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Monday, June 27, 2016

Just an Amazing Run

Happy Monday Everyone!!

Well it happened, Humphreys Peak, the highest point in Arizona.  I can’t tell you how amazing this experience was.

Let me clear the air real quick, I get that tons and tons of people summit Humphreys Peak every single day.  I know I didn’t accomplish some record breaking ascent but most of us run for personal achievement and that’s exactly was this run was all about.  It was about testing myself in elevation that is roughly 8,000 feet higher than where I run normally.  It was about testing myself with 3,000+ feet of elevation gain over 5 miles.  Lastly, it was about the achievement that you get when you stand on top of these massive mountains and see with your own two eyes the beauty that God has provided as our home.  It’s an amazing feeling!

I’m working on a full video recap but I wanted to share with all of you that I knocked this one out of the park and the views from the summit were amazing.  Hope everyone had an amazing weekend!!




5 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! I am really looking forward to the video. I bet you got so much awesome footage with your new GoPro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I look forward to the video :) This makes me want to go climb a mountain :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome is that? And the weather looks beautiful too. Funny story, years ago we hiked Humphreys peak and we had left only a couple hours before sunset because our buddy told us it was about 1/2 as long as it was. We were coming back down the mountain in pitch black and it was freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I can't wait to see the video. Don't qualify this by suggesting that you didn't accomplish something. You did! Climbing mountains are hard and deserve celebration and recognition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!