Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Monday, June 13, 2016

Another Adventure Weekend

Happy Monday!!

Another awesome weekend of outdoor adventures. 

Mrs. Schlub and I planned to go for a hike on Saturday morning which are normally the days that I get my longer runs in, but I will bypass that any day to get in a workout with the Misses.  So Friday evening I needed to get in a decent run.  I grabbed my shoes, my headlamp, and headed to the mountain.  I started my run about 8pm, yup that’s right, running on the mountain at 8pm.  To my surprise there were people up on the mountain and even people heading up the mountain at 8:30pm when I was on my way back down.  Ended up with 3 miles and 800 feet of climbing.  Didn’t quite get the sunset but still got a great view over the city.



Saturday morning Mrs. Schlub and I woke up early and broke the trail together.  It was a great workout and quality time together.  Mrs. Schlub got some great shots of the mountain, I think she has a better eye than I do lol.


Mrs. Schlub and our daughter had a birthday party to go to on Sunday afternoon, girls only!!  My 8yo and I found out that his Nino and my Godson were headed up north to do some fishing for the day.  Since the girls were already booked up, we decided to tag along.  We woke up early Sunday morning and drove up north to the same area that we were visiting a few weeks ago.  We caught a ton of rainbow trout and brought them back with us.  We plan to have some fresh grilled fish this week.




Lastly, because I’m a guy and I think this was the best way to end the weekend.  Mrs. Schlub had dinner prepped for me after our fishing trip so I got to grill a whole mess of meat for dinner last night.  Fishing all day and mountain of grilled meat, that is a pretty awesome day lol.


Hope everyone had an awesome weekend

4 comments:

  1. Running the trails at night sounds awesome. Have you ever run a trail Ragnar? I haven't, but I bet it'd be a fun adventure. Glad you're enjoying the trails even in the summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah fishing and a mountain of meat - how manly! I have to admit I love a good grilled meal too, but I'd prefer to skip out on the fishing and instead layout by the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great weekend! Now I know how you fuel your runs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice you got some quality time in the with the Mrs. :)
    I tried an evening run last week too, but the bugs seem worse at night, so back to early a.m. lol
    That is my hubby's favorite, a big plate of meat LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!