Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Friday, May 20, 2016

Big Plans In The Works

Well plans are in motion!  I think this is going to happen and I’m freaking out MAN!!



Now that youth sports is over and we move into the summer, our weekends are clearing up a bit so I started to look around at trail races in the coming months.  To go along with father’s day next month I was seriously considering a half marathon trail race on June 25th.  I talked to Mrs. Schlub about it and she dropped a bomb on me…


Our 10 year anniversary is coming up next month.  Depending on who you ask, this has been a 10 year long debate between Mrs. Schlub and I lol, our first date occurred somewhere around the 22nd of the month which is the same week as the trail run.  She mentioned that we should drop the kids off to grandma and head up north for our anniversary.  Anytime we get to have a weekend alone, I’m always on board with that.  We also talked about myself being able to knock out Humphreys Peak.  WOW!!


Back in January I posted about moving away from racing and trying to focus on running adventures.  Humphreys Peak and The Grand Canyon were the two big plans I had for this year.  planning-my-running-adventures .  Well after the disastrous marathon in February I took a big break from running and was really considering whether I would get to those running adventures.  Well now Humphreys is totally back on the table. 

Humphreys Peak is 2-3 hours north of Phoenix in Flagstaff, AZ.  Flagstaff has become a big training site for top level runners.  Not quite at elevation like Colorado but still a fantastic training area and the land provides for amazing training scenery.  Humphreys is the highest point in AZ topping out around 12,600 feet.  My research tells me that the trail is around 5 miles from trail head to summit with about 3,300 feet of climbing…yikes lol.  I will definitely have my work cut out for me.

We also have a trip up north coming up in 2 weeks that should provide some awesome trail running as well.  I can’t wait!!

I’ll be sure to snap a ton of pictures and video to share with all of you….but more so for myself because this is going to be a pretty epic milestone in my running life lol.

Who has some big running adventures coming up this year??

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! Definitely take lots of video!!!

    Adam and I started dating somewhere around Nov 19th, 2004 so we agreed that's our anniversary. But I think it was actually Nov 20th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO IT!!! So cool! No running adventures for me, just short distance races for the rest of the year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an exciting time. I am looking forward to pictures. I have been married for 23 years, but I met my husband when I was 16--
    yikes, that's a long time, but when it's right, it's right!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!