Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Back to Business

Hey everyone, welcome back!

We closed up youth sports this past weekend so things are finally starting to calm down around the Schlub house.  So what’s been happening with the whole running thing????

I have a confession to make….

I’m pretty much done with road runs lol.  Coming out of the marathon a couple months back, I was pretty distraught and didn’t want anything to do with running.  Time passed and I slowly started to get back into running but was doing it out of habit and not with any real desire.  I started to hit some trails and things slowly started to click again.  For me, there is something completely peaceful about sitting on top of a mountain all by yourself and really allows me to reflect and clear my head.  At this point all of my runs have been on trials and I’ve had no desire to run anywhere else.




If you remember from a couple posts ago, my Garmin was literally hanging on by a thread.  I was considering just buying a new one and upgrading.  Well I called Garmin and for the phenomenal price of $25, they are fully replacing the housing on my watch.  #WINNING!!  My Garmin 110 doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that a lot of the newer watches have today, but man oh man do we have stories to tell.  At this point that watch has a lot of sentimental value and I’m going to run with that thing until it won’t run anymore.  So I’ve been using Mrs. Schlub’s Garmin 220 for the time being just so I can track my runs and I would be getting my watch back in the next couple weeks.  I can’t wait!!

Lastly, I’m super excited for Mrs. Schlub’s second official run this weekend.  This is the second time she is hosting a 5K run and 1 mile walk with all the funds being donated to a family battling cancer.  We are also hosting this even virtually so if anyone wants to sign up, feel free to visit the runsignup link below.  We have finisher medals and will be shipping them out to those that participate.  Should be a lot of run.

What charity work is everyone involved with??

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Sweet deal on the Garmin - now that's customer service! ;-)

    If you don't want to run on roads, don't run on roads. I think we all get so wrapped up in our goals and our competitive nature we forget - this is supposed to be FUN! There are already so many things in life we do because we have to, running should be the one thing we do because we want to. Do what makes you happy. No one here is judging you if you never run on pavement again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying your trail time!
    I hope Mrs. S charity run goes well.
    I feel bad that your marathon bummed out so much, you still did it!!Cheers to finding the fun again :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!