Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Holdin On By a Thread

Hey everyone, happy humpday!!


Couple things very important to cover today.

#DoinWork

I hit the mountain on lunch yesterday.  It was a bit hot, about 80* out, but it was still a quality run.  I need to keep getting in these day time runs while the weather will allow.  Biggest benefit is that all the traffic gives me a boost of confidence as I run sections of the mountain.  At one point I had a guy pull to the side of the trail and say to his wife “let this guy past, he is running up the mountain.”  Boom….#DoinWork lol.  The real benefit is that I don’t have to wake up SUPER early or run late at night.  We are super busy with kids sports right now so these midday runs are really convenient.



Holding on By a Thread

I love my watch, we’ve run a ton of miles together, and we’ve seen some pretty awesome things.  Well as you can see below, my watch is holding on by a thread lol.  Both straps have broken and I’ve had to patch them up with Gaff Tape.  Mrs. Schlub hates this about me, I will literally use things and patch them up if necessary until we can no longer us them.  (Except for my running shoes, I don’t want to end up with an injury).  My thought is that if the watch is still working why do I need a new one?  If the straps get to the point that I can no longer tape them up, cant I simply put the watch in my hydration pack or water bottle pocket?  So give me your thoughts, would you keep using the watch or would you scrap it and buy a new one?



Virtual Run

Reminder, Mrs. Schlub is currently registering for her second official race.  I told her we would definitely have representation from other states so don’t let me down.  We have family in New York so they will be running virtually and we will be sending the finisher medal out to them.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Second Annual Andy's Run

Have a great humpday!

5 comments:

  1. I love that you get to run in such a beautiful area. Michigan is boring right now!!
    I love my accessories and will hold onto them forever. But I am just lazy and cheap. If it won't work it needs replaced otherwise I may find something better to do with my money!! Like race entry or something/1 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you could just get a new strap for your watch. I am a use it until it completely dies, and my husband usually replaces things for me (too early)--especially ANYTHING to do with technology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely keep using it! If the battery is still good, why not!? The straps on mine broke about a year ago but I had just replaced the battery so I just shove it in my pocket. not as convenient but I can still use it! Happy Running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you could probably order new straps for your watch. I look at mine too much to just put it in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a Garmin-a-holic that if I didn't have my Garmin strapped on my wrist I think I'd die. :P It looks like you're the master taper, I bet you could keep taping it up. Or you can always upgrade and get one with lots of data!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!