Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Guess Who's Back lol

Hey Everyone!!!

Well it has been a while.  So what’s been going on??

I have to be honest, after the marathon about 6 weeks ago, I flat out had no desire to run.  I took about 2 weeks completely off with the only running being soccer practice with the kids.  The idea of going out and running around my neighborhood was not appealing at all.  At one point I was seriously wondering if I would ever get my motivation back.

After a few weeks I forced some runs but they didn’t feel enjoyable at all.  Lucky for me, I have a pretty big ego and it was only a matter of time before things started to get back on track.  A big step was a couple weeks ago when a good buddy invited me out for a late night run.  He wants to get back in shape and needed someone to run with.  Well of course I couldn’t let my good buddy see me struggling with some laps around the track lol.  I forgot my watch but threw down a couple miles while also throwing in some bleachers just to add some extra effort.  A couple days later I got out super early and ran the mountain before work.  I hit the summit and was completely alone and the peace I felt while sitting high above the city reminded me why I loved running.  Since then I’ve slowly started to get things back on track.



We have been super busy since the kids started spring sports so I’m sorry I haven’t been caught up on the blog world.  I plan to start posting again and catching up with all of you to see how your running is going.

SUPER IMPORTANT!!!!

I also wanted to invite all of you to participate in Mrs. Schlub’s second official race.  We are hosting it here in AZ but also hosting it virtually so anyone can participate.

We had a really good friend that passed away while battling cancer last year and left behind a wonderful family.  The First Annual Andy’s Run was to directly support our friend Andy and his family while he was battling cancer.  Very sad to say that he lost his battle but we all choose to never forget his strength, courage, and faith.  It was truly a blessing to know this man and see him impact so many people while he was going through an incredibly difficult disease.  So next month Mrs. Schlub is hosting the Second Annual Andy’s Run and in Andy’s memory we will be donating all the funds to a mother and son who are both currently battling cancer.  They were also very close to Andy and are truly an amazing family.  You can read about the family and sign up below:


Hope some of you can make it and support this amazing family.  For those that it’s all about the bling, yes we will have finisher’s medals lol.  We will be happy to mail those to you in the coming weeks.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Feels good to be chatting with all of you again!!

5 comments:

  1. ah, my questions of how's running/family/spring? are answered! Glad to see you back here and more importantly to hear that you are back out running and it's bringing you that peace! that's great!
    with the snow melting out I've been running a bit on the roads and trails. My goodness it's slow going!! But nice to be moving along again on bare ground! Cheers!! (I will check out Andy's run of course) Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you back!!
    I understand having to take a step back and break for a bit. I think sometimes we as runners just need to regroup to get back our mental game! Glad you are getting there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great spot to sit and soak it in! I am glad you are back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! That's so funny that you were motivated to get back into running by not wanting your friend to see you struggle. Sometimes when I am having a hard run I imagine myself passing other people in a race to get the motivation to go on lol! You wouldn't think I would be an egotistical runner but there are definitely sparks of it in me. I think God made me a slow runner to humble me because if I were fast I would probably be the most annoying runner to be around! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I am ready to see more of those trail pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!