Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Friday, February 26, 2016

Race Day Eve!!

Happy Race Day Eve!!!

Well it has finally come…race day eve.  Tomorrow is the big day, that is now three and a half months in the making, The Redemption Run!!

Not going to lie, I’m pretty nervous but it’s that nervous feeling with a lot of excitement thrown in there.  I’ve been busy over the last couple weeks so I’ve been able to keep myself from stressing too much but there were a few times this week where Mrs. Schlub and I were texting and I flat out let her know “I’m Stressing” LOL.

After my half day at work I will head over to the local running store to pick up a bunch of gel shots and some Clif bars.  I always get the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut flavor and usually pound one down the morning before a race.  As soon as I grab those I am heading over to packet pickup to grab my bib and swag bag.  After that I hope to have lunch with my second grader and then relax for the rest of the day.

I was a bit worried yesterday, I decided to do a short shake out run on my lunch break Wednesday just to get my legs moving.  I was feeling like my legs were well rested but almost to the point that they were dead.  Immediately after the run I was happy that I decided to click off some miles, it took about a mile for my legs to warm up but then I was able to settle into a nice smooth stride.  That really got my confidence up.  Then came Thursday and my hamstrings were a bit sore, which is not what I wanted to be feeling.  I have been extremely prone to cramping in my hamstrings over the last year or so.  Now I think that had a lot to do with hydration which is much different coming into this race but it still had me worried.  I woke up this morning and much of the soreness had subsided and I breathed a huge sigh of relief lol.  I anticipate that tomorrow morning my legs will be ready to go and I’ll be able to knock this thing out.

I’ll start shooting some video and taking pics tonight as I prepare for the race and hopefully get a chance to post some on site shots tomorrow morning.

Have a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good good luck!! This time tomorrow you'll have a new favorite medal around your neck and a shiny PR to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!