Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Monday, November 30, 2015

Holiday Schlubs

I know starting with Thanksgiving and straight through Christmas, my training is going to have some serious ups and downs.  I always feel some inner conflict when it comes to this time of year because we all know how important it is to get those runs in and at the same time some good quality R&R is always necessary as well.  I think I got in some pretty good runs while also being able to enjoy the delicious food on Thanksgiving this year.

Sunday – 4.75 miles around my neighborhood, pretty solid splits for mile 3 and 4.

Monday – 2 miles around my neighborhood, pretty much just getting Buster out of the house for a run.

Tuesday – 2.87 miles on my lunch break to hit the mountain.  Tons of hikers taking advantage of our beautiful AZ weather.  Of course they get in my way, but hey we have to share the mountain right???


Wednesday – Didn’t keep track on my watch but we got a bunch of friends together to play some football.  Great speed workout as there is a lot of sprinting involved.


Thursday – Thanksgiving – 0 miles lol

Friday – 4.21 miles for a great trail run/hike to burn off some of the turkey.


This week I plan to get back on track with my long runs, I’ve been putting it off long enough and now its time to start throwing down some double digit runs.

Do you schedule runs after Thanksgiving to burn off all the extra food?

How is the weather in your area these days??

3 comments:

  1. How's the weather? COLD (I am ready for it, so I am happy about that) but no snow :/
    I ran in the morning before Thanksgiving. I feel like with all the holiday eating, all my December runs should be dedicated to burning off the calories!
    Good job getting in workouts--it is hard this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold here too Richard so enjoy that sunshine! 17 degrees yesterday, about an inch of snow. Pretty but not enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scheduling runs after thanksgiving is futile, I'm always a stationary rock for a few days. I'd imagine the desert is just about perfect for running right now, enjoy!

    We got snow in Boulder this week and I'm loving it, the snow smooths out the trails and my ankles feel much safer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!