Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 7 and Day 8...The Strong and The Weak

THE STRONG…

This weekend started out AWESOME!!  This was just about the last Saturday that Mrs. Schlub and I had free before church and kids events start for the next few months.  So I was able to convince her to come out hiking with me on Saturday morning.  On my training plan Saturday’s are flex days for me so I thought this was a great way to get a few miles in without killing my legs while also getting quality time with my amazing wife.  The views were amazing!!




Mrs. Schlub and I don’t get to exercise together all that often.  We separate our work out schedules so one of us is with the kids while the other is out running.  So this was a real treat for us and was a great way to start our weekend.

THE WEAK…

Things slowly went astray from there lol.  Saturday night our church was doing a first ever Saturday service so we attended which was pretty awesome, such a great vibe that day.  Afterwards, we went over to a friend’s house to watch the Rowdy Ronda Rousey fight.  All I have to say is…WOW!!  We ended up hanging out and having a good time a little bit too late.  Needless to say, there was no way I was getting up early for my long run.

So here we are once again, week number two of supposed “marathon training” and I’m shuffling around my runs lol.  I think this one was an easy fix.  I got out last night with Buster for an easy 3 mile run around our park.  I decided to do some more sock running which is really helping my form.  That means I’ll have to wake up early on Tuesday to get my long run in for the week.  I’m sure I will be exhausted for work that day but what are my options??

How was your weekend, any great adventures??

Do you exercise with your spouse/significant other??

5 comments:

  1. No great adventures here this weekend...heading to the beach for dinner shortly though!
    Sometimes I run with my husband, but it is usually a challenging run for me, because he is faster and I try and save face and keep up. I always think it is good mental training. We don't go on casual runs together--He has never heard of running and TALKING, lol. He is trying to get me into cycling...I will venture out with him soon on the bike, but I will just draft off of him the best I can. i guess you could say we are competitive...:)
    I think it is great that you are able to go out hiking together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! Saturday I stayed up to watch the Ronda fight with Adam and when I tried to get in my run on Sunday morning I felt completely dead. I ended up only running half a mile in the morning and did 8 miles in the evening after I was a bit more rested and awake. Still didn't get in the run I wanted, but at least I got in something.

    Ronda was awesome and is so inspiring as a great, popular female athlete in a predominantly male sport.

    So awesome that you and the Mrs. got in a great hike on Saturday! Adam and I don't workout a lot together either but it's always so nice when we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hike sounds like fun! Beautiful views, too. My husband and I used to run together a lot, but he's much faster than me now so we seldom do anymore. Sometimes we will hit the trail at the same time, though, and I like just knowing he's out there running too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like "the strong" much better than "the weak"! Sounds like a fun way to spend a Saturday morning! My husband and I have done lots and lots of exercising together, climbing, tennis, hiking, snowboarding, and some running too among other things. It is sometimes so hard to find time to get out together but always great when it works out! We were hoping to do more hiking this summer but with the pup and the HEAT , (lol!) it hasn't worked out too well....Looking forward to fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics. Phoenix may be hot, but it sure is pretty early in the morning and as the sun is setting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!