Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July and Running Up North

It seems like forever since my last post.  I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July.
  Back around Memorial Day, I found out one of the soldiers at my church did a remembrance run on every military holiday.  I thought this was amazing but more importantly, felt really bad because he said many of these holidays he runs on his own...WHAT?!?!?!  I told him that from now on I would be running with him no matter what, but that I also wanted to get the word out to get more people running with us.  So here comes the 4th of July, the celebration of our independence and all the sacrifices that come with our freedom.  With all our Facebook promoting we had about 30 runners, walkers, and bike riders show up to run along side him in our 105* AZ heat.  Now that is amazing right there.  Although it was VERY hot, it was slightly overcast with a pretty good breeze so I wasn't too upset about running in the heat.  Run ended up being 5.28 miles with a bunch of water breaks to make sure nobody keeled over while we were running.


I finally finished up my video from when we went camping.  Some pretty nice little trails.  Hope you enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. Those look like nice trails. It is great that you were able to get a big group together for the 4th of July run!
    Oh the heat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was pretty special. Oh the Heat is right lol...but I'm working on my endurance training.

      Delete
  2. What an awesome idea - glad you had such a great turnout! But OMG 105 degrees?! I don't even want to THINK about running in that! Yikes! Glad you all survived ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, service men and women are pretty near and dear to me so to make this event a success was huge. Oh come on, 105* is nothing, its a dry heat lol

      Delete
  3. Those looks like some awesome trails, and I like the way you ended the video! It's neat how different the scenery is there from the trails I run on here. That's awesome of you to vow to run with that soldier at your church on each of the military holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I shot that portion of the video I knew I was ending with that, I that it was the coolest. You should shoot some video, let us see some of the trails up your way. They defend our country, running in 105* heat is the least I can do for him.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!