Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Vacation is Over, Back to Reality

Good morning blogger friends.  We are back all safe and sound in the inferno we call Arizona.  We had such an amazing time in California; it was so hard to leave on Saturday.  Then to add salt to the wound, on our way back we were about 30 minutes east of San Diego and the temperature was already climbing well into the 90’s.  Blah….we just knew the closer we got to AZ the worse it was going to get.  Oh well, that is the price you pay for having paradise weather 8 months out of the year.

As far as running goes, I unfortunately treated this as a true vacation.  I spent time with the kids, ate way too much food, and did very little running lol.  The original plan was to run with Mrs. Schlub on Wednesday and Friday since those are her normal days to run.  Well both days we ended up sleeping in and not waking up to run.  Luckily, on Wednesday both of us got a run in when we took the kids to the beach.  We each took turns running out and back on the beach to get some miles in.

I love AZ and will never leave, but I must say, running in the middle of the day with 68* temps and a nice cool breeze felt pretty amazing lol.  The run ended up being 2 miles total, clicked off the first mile in 8:49, and clicked off the second mile in 7:45.  I really wish we could have put in some more running with such amazing weather, but we kept ourselves pretty busy each day.  So I guess we will just have to get our running in here in AZ where its 97* at 8:30 at night lol.  I shot some video from my run on Wednesday when I was at the beach; I’ll have that up and posted in the next couple days.

Let me know, how is running going for you right now?  Those of you in marathon training, how are things starting out??  I don’t officially start marathon training until mid July so right now I’m just trying to get my legs back into shape with smooth 1-2 mile runs.  I plan to share my marathon plan in the next couple weeks.

3 comments:

  1. 68 sounds heavenly to me right now :)
    It's hard to fit it all in on vacation, sounds like good quality family time to me which is awesome.
    I have become a short distance runner lately. I can't over 6 miles in this heat wave we are experiencing :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am with you that family trumps getting in the runs. I am sure you did a lot of running around keeping up with the kids!
    Marathon training has started--nothing too hard yet! I really have to get better about getting up early to beat the heat. (although it is nothing like what you deal with...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good vacation! Sometimes it's nice to have a true vacation and take a break from everything. I can't believe how hot it is there! Whew.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!