Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Happy National Running Day

Good morning everyone!!

As we all know, today is national running day.  The day that all us runners clamor together and celebrate this great sport.  

I've been battling either a cold or allergies since Sunday so my last run was on Saturday.  I hope to get out there and run today but if not I'm sure plenty of you will get some miles in for me lol.

Also, Mrs Schlub has her running group started again and they ran first thing this morning for national running day.  I'm still trying to convince her to come guest blog for me, still no luck lol.

Let me know, what's on your plan for celebrating national running day??

5 comments:

  1. I slept in this morning, because I didn't feel well and it's raining. Telling myself I will run at least a few miles tonight...hopefully it'll happen lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have our first day of summer vacation. I was able to go for a run (5), then we went over to the grand parents to visit with cousins. It has been cool here, only in the 40's--perfect running weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy National Running Day! I made sure to remember it this year, since I forgot last year (but incidentally ran on NRD last year anyway). Glad Mrs. Schlub has her running group started again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy National Running Day! I'm sitting this one out with a cold too - womp womp. I hope you start feeling better soon! I am planning to get in some miles tomorrow... or at least one mile.... or whatever this cough will let me get in. I just need some fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see it was this day until late so ....I didn't go. I was hoping YOU did some miles for ME! :) Hope you feel better soon. My allergies have been terrible this year and I hope they don't last much longer, I hope yours pass soon too! happy trails~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!