Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Monday, May 4, 2015

You Will Never Guess

Happy Monday to everyone!!

You won’t believe what I get to do on this glorious Monday…….

I actually get to do a weekly recap from last week lol.  I know things are pretty weak over here in AZ but I am fully aware of it and am slowly building back to the runner I once was.  I get the impression that many of us have a lot of pride and get disappointed with ourselves when training is not where we think it should be.  Understandable, but you have to celebrate the small victories to keep the bus moving.  So, I am pretty excited that I ran three days last week after the month of April when I had a total of 21 miles lol.

4/27/15...Planned: 3 miles...Actual: 1.5 miles @ 9:25 pace

On Monday’s I meet with another dad from my church for a little men’s bible group.  The past two weeks I’ve decided to jog to our meeting since we meet at a Starbucks near my house.  So this evening I planned to jog up there for the meeting, then jog home after which would give me just over 3 miles.  Once I got there, relaxed, and discussed our bible topic, the last thing I wanted to do was jog home.  No shame, I asked my buddy to give me a ride home lol.

4/29/15...planned: 3.5 miles, 1,300 elevation gain...Actual: 3.64 miles, 1,352 elevation gain

Woke up early to hit the mountain before work.  Was able to catch some good shots of the sunrise before I bombed back down and headed to work.  Feet and ankles were thrashed but I loved every moment of being on the mountain.  I told Mrs. Schlub that my enjoyment for trail running will never go away, way too much fun.

5/2/15...Planned: 3 miles...Actual: 3.01 miles @ 9:09 pace

I had planned to wake up Saturday morning to run before we got started with kid’s sports for the day.  I was lazy and just sluggish and just about shut down this run.  Once I got outside and laced up my shoes, everything was ok.  I got to the 1.5 mile mark and was able to shoot the sun coming up over the mountains.  Why in the world did I consider missing this view??

I have to swallow my pride a lot right now because my running is nowhere near the level it was at the end of last year.  With that being said, at least I’m out there running and that’s all I can ask for.  Stamina will come back and miles will build, it’s only a matter of time.

5 comments:

  1. Yes! It will all come back. Good job getting out and keeping the bus moving! I appreciate the posts as I am in a wicked bad slump right now and it definitely helps my own bus to see someone else sputter along! I can get out and sputter too! Have a great week~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will come back! I can appreciate this post, as sometimes life makes it hard to get in the workouts! Good idea--running to and from bible study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will come back! It better come back, haha :)

    Our mileage last month was pretty similar - scary to see such low numbers! We'll get back to our normal running selves soon enough! One mile at a time...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There might not be anything more joyful than simply getting out the door again after injury. I'm actually sort of surprised you mentioned not wanting to run after a bible study. While I'm not religious myself, I find the ethical and moral statutes the bible poses to be very interesting. Furthermore, these are specifically the type topics my mind tends to drift to on the run (aside from miles/vert/time, that is). A vaguely connected quote I once read "I'd rather be thinking about god in the mountains, than thinking about the mountains in church". Anyways I always enjoy your enthusiastic and positive approach, happy to see you on the move again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting back into it is the hardest part. It just takes time. Great job and stick with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!