Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Friday, May 29, 2015

This Run Had it All

It was a cool 95* over here in AZ so being the genious I am, I decided to hit the trail lol.  Ok let me explain.  I was helping with a church soccer camp at one of our other campuses, so of course I see some hills that I don't get to run.  The trail running in me immediately says "I have to run up that". So now we are all on the same page.

I got to the parking lot about 4pm and quickly threw my pack and shoes on to hit the trail.  My stomach had been bothering me a bit that day but once I start running things usually subside.  Started up the trail and was pleasantly surprised how easily I was climbing.  My climbing legs are starting to come back.



I hit the summit in pretty good time.  Typical desert views from up here but very nice to be on some new trails.


As I started back to the trail head is when the problems started.  Stomach issues did not subside and I was hating myself for not using the restroom before I started running.  This run had so much promise too.  So I pretty much walked the entire way back to avoid any accidents lol.

Run ended up being an out and back, 3.76 miles and 566 feet of elevation gain.  The stomach issues aside, it was a great run.  Legs felt great, felt strong on the climbs, and got to mix it up on some new trails.  Can't complain about that.

Ok who else has had some stomach issues out on the run? Did you have to sulk back or did you fight through?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome views!! Very big climb. You must be feeling better :)
    I had times when I have no choice but to stop running, there's different levels of grumbling and disruption lol I hate it most when I feel fine and it starts up out of nowhere. Some days I just know my tummy may not cooperate :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think EVERY runner has had those kind of runs. They are the WORST! I usually end up having to walk. Once I even phoned my husband to pick me up! Beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exploring new trails is always fun, and the view from the summit is almost always worth the climb! Glad to hear you're getting your climbing legs back under you again :) Must feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be the only runner ever whose stomach issues go away once you start running!

    Another runner shared this Runner's World article with me earlier this year, I'll just leave this link here with you so you can take care of business before you hit the trail next time lol

    http://www.runnersworld.com/health/how-to-make-yourself-poop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!