Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Its Starting to get Hot

We have had some amazing weather over the last couple months, but this fantastic weather is slowly coming to an end.  Last week we had 5 straight days with a high temperature above 91* and it’s only going to keep going up.

Well, yesterday I saw the forecast called for overcast skies and a chance for rain, so I took my running clothes with me just in case.  In all honesty, nothing beats a trail run in the rain, in my opinion its one of the best runs you can have.  The trail is a little muddy and the rain helps cool you down on a hot Arizona day.  Anytime I see the opportunity to hit the trail with some rain, I jump at the chance lol.  Unfortunately, noon rolled around and the weather forecast had changed, the temperature was going to be in the mid 80’s and rain was planned for later in the evening.  Now or never, so I decided to head over to the mountain and get my run knocked out.


The run ended up being 3 miles with 800 feet of elevation gain.  A combination of the climbing and the sun beating down on me made it a bit warm but there was a little breeze that helped.  The good thing was that the heat scared off most of the hikers and foot traffic was pretty minimal for the entire run. 

Also, I am trying my best Sage Canaday impression and shot a bunch of video while I was on the mountain yesterday.  I’ll be working on that and hope to post it in the next couple days.  Here is a quick shot as I hit the saddle.


3 comments:

  1. I like the video footage--maybe angle the camera down slightly, I thought you were going over a bank!!
    I think your idea of hot and mine are VERY different!
    The trail looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mountain views pictures are always so cool.
    I am glad the foot is holding for your big climbs!
    I guess you will be getting up at 4 a.m. again soon to run??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeesh 5 straight days above 90! It's too early in the year for that stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!