Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Headed to DC

So this is my first attempt at live blogging.  I'm going to periodically come in and update as I travel out to DC. We will see how it goes lol.

May 21st
630 am - Got to the airport about 545am and flew through security and bag check.  Got to my gate about 615 am.  Decided to take a seat at Four Peaks Brewery and have the breakfast special.  Now I'm just watching SportsCenter waiting for my 830 flight.

820 am - Just got my seat assignment, window seat baby. BOOM!

830 am - Time to board and take my seat, DC here I come.


843 am - Airplane mode, black out period folks.  Update when I get to DC.  Schlub out!!

914 am - Still waiting to push back.  Small mechanical issue so we have been waiting for 20 min now.  Pilot still has us arriving early in DC.  Who cares about that, I'm worried about the mechanical issue lol.

415 pm - Hello DC

445 pm - We don't use trains in AZ, thankfully someone helped me or who knows where I would end up lol.


513 pm - Had a 5 min train ride that put me about 3 miles from the hotel.  What ever would I do?? Grabbed my bag and started walking, great weather and some really nice housing.  Made it to the hotel in one piece.

540 pm - Checked in and decided to find the running trail I'm using tomorrow.  We all know what this means.

I think I'm in the right place.  Its going to be pretty cool cause I don't get these views in AZ.

550 pm - Right away runners came along the trail.  The runner in me wanted to trail right behind them lol.  Trail is pretty awesome, didn't want to runner stalk the people passing but I promise there were runners.

5 comments:

  1. have a safe and happy trip Richard! What like a wonderful tribute to your friend! I'll be following your progress and wishing you all good things there~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip--thanks for keeping us updated. (Love the Schlub out statement!!) How does the humidity feel???
    It is a great tribute to your friend (and his family) that you are able to make the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this live blogging.
    A great path to run, bonus :) I need one of these near me. Enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am just realizing that you went on this trip alone! The benefit of that is you don't have to worry about being selfish when you spend a billion hours out there running! :)

    I hate when the pilot says there are mechanical issues .... like that is the opposite of what I want to hear when I am strapped into a heavy medal thing about to fly in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very familiar with DC and it's neat to see pictures that are familiar to me on your blog. Hope your trip went well! Good job live blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!