Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Guess Who Needs a Couch to 5K??

Yesterday was a rest day for me so definitely no running.  After my 8 miles in DC, some old man softball on Sunday, and my five miles for Memorial Day...I needed a rest day.  My legs are pretty sore in my calves and hamstrings but I've been stretching a ton and that has helped immensely.

Since I couldn't run but Buster still needed his exercise, I jumped on the bike to help Buster knock out some miles.

You guessed it, this guy is out of shape....

Does anyone have a Dog Couch to 5K training plan lol.  Buster gets so excited to go out and run that he is practically pulling me along in the first quarter mile.  Soon enough he is gassed and is looking for a walk break.  Doesn't this guy know about pacing himself??  I guess our pups learn from their masters and we all know I'm horrible at pacing, so I guess this is expected lol.

I am still working on my videos from DC and Memorial Day so I hope to have those posted this week.

Who is running today?  What is your planned run?

5 comments:

  1. I had 5 very hot and humid miles. It felt awful, but I made it! We then had our last spring track meet. It was a brutally hot day for the kids. It's funny to think we canceled the first 2 meets due to snow, and ended with a heat advisory!
    My dogs won't run, they will walk, but towards the end of their walk they are dragging if it is warm out!! My dogs prefer to be in the cheering section...with the comfy seats. and snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Buster, buddy we all have that problem!

    Maybe you should get him a Garmin so he can keep an eye on his pace ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or maybe he needs one of those plush dog strollers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went back to bed this a.m. snooze button win, Buster would have loved me lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like Buster needs to learn how to pace himself! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!