Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Knocking Out PR's Over Here

Ok a little April fool’s joke because we all know I’m not breaking any PR’s just yet lol.

So here is a quick recap of the last week.

3/23/15 – Planned – No idea      Actual – 1 mile @ 7:33 pace

I posted about this last week.  Buster and I headed down to the big park in our community and knocked out a solid mile.  Good pace for one mile but definitely need to work on my stamina again.

3/25/15 – Planned – 2 miles        Actual – 2 miles @10:10 pace

This was a total recovery run.  I wanted to take it slow and start working my legs back into shape.  There is definitely a noticeable difference when your legs are strong and in shape compared to out of shape.  My legs just feel real wonky and scraggy.

3/28/15 – Planned – 3.1 miles    Actual – 3.1 miles @ 9:08 pace

At this point, this was a solid run.  I wanted to come out real conservative because I didn’t really know how my legs would hold up for 3 miles.  Clicked off the first mile at 10:02 pace, felt good so I clicked off the second mile at 9:23 pace, then pretty much said “What the He%$” and clicked off the last mile at 8:13.  NEGATIVE SPLIT – BOOM!!

3/30/15 – Planned – 1 mile          Actual – 1 mile @9:25 pace

Buster and I once again headed up to the park to just get our legs stretched.  This run was a pretty standard stroll around the park a bunch of times.  Nothing exciting.

4/1/15 – Planned – 3.5 miles       Actual – 3.54 miles, 1,247 ft of elevation gain

This was my redemption run/hike.  I haven’t been on “my mountain” in a couple months and it was time to get back out there and see if I still have the guts.  This was not pretty at all, huffing and puffing through a slow grind up the mountain.  But you know what; I hit the summit and had a huge smile on my face.  No love lost for the trails, I can’t wait to get my legs back in shape and start knocking out elevation gains again.  Another take away, my foot reacted much better than I thought it would have.

I leave you with a shot over Phoenix high atop Camelback Mountain…have a great day!!




9 comments:

  1. Great pictures--were they taken during the early morning hours? I imagine it is getting pretty warm there!
    Glad to hear the pf isn't flaring up!
    I CAN'T wait to get out on the trails! It will be a couple of weeks yet due to snow/ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh very early hours lol. Make sure you share those pictures.

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures! I am glad you are getting some runs in, I have been trying to work on 3 miles as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have to pop on over and catch up on your blog.

      Delete
  3. Camelback? You ever see Jamil Coury out there? I think I saw on his Strava that he was put in a lot of Barkley training on that one, amongst other nearby peaks. I'm not actually sure if that shot is from stupid early or reasonably late. Knowing you, I'm saying stupid early!

    Oh, and I ran with Sage on Monday. I'm at 3:30 in his latest YouTube video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah stupid early, don't see to many faces that early. Usually just get blinded by headlamps and keep going.

      DUDE....I thought that was you!!! Man you have to get a hold of me when something like that happens. You have to tell me all about it. Email me so we can connect and chat.

      Delete
    2. Yeah stupid early, don't see to many faces that early. Usually just get blinded by headlamps and keep going.

      DUDE....I thought that was you!!! Man you have to get a hold of me when something like that happens. You have to tell me all about it. Email me so we can connect and chat.

      Delete
  4. What a great shot of the city from the top of the mountain!

    I know opening up on the last mile on 3/28 must have felt SO GOOD! Glad you're making your way back into running (and blogging)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are getting back into the swing of things! And good to hear you got to make an ascent up your mountain, and that no one else has claimed it in your absence!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!