Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Good News Within

This post contains both good news and a huge helping of GREAT news...

Good news...
I had the pleasure and exhilaration of writing today's post high above the mountain.  The peace and beauty was amazing.  First time I Sat with the intention of unwinding and getting comfortable a top the mountain.  Most times it's a quick breather before I bomb back down the mountain.  Plus my foot was feeling amazing.

Today's run was 3.55 miles and 1287 feet of elevation gain.

So the great news!!!

Mrs, Schlub has started running again!!!  Can you believe it?!?!?! I know she expects a lot more based on where she was at last year but just the fact she is out running is a HUGE victory.  I can see the drive and passion in her eyes as she is starting to feel her body build back into running form.  I'm happy to report she is taking things very slowly so she avoids injury which is the perfect approach.

So there you have it.  Some HUGE news coming from the Schlub household.  Now back to enjoying the city below...I'm holding out to see if I can catch the sunrise before work.

Best I could get before work, enjoy and have a blessed day.


3 comments:

  1. I can't think of a better place to write a blog post! Congrats to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to start your day! And what great news! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind to write a blog post from the top of a mountain :) Hooray for Mrs. Schlub!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!