Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Deep Reflection on Life

I wanted to remind everyone to take a moment when they can and reflect on the blessings in their life.  I am blessed in more ways than I can count.  I have a wife that I love more than anything, three beautiful healthy kids, and the health to spend valuable time with them each and every day.  The health to do activities I love like running and recreational sports.  Those things don’t last forever and I try to thank the Lord every day for those blessings.

We have a close family friend that has been battling cancer for a long time now.  A few weeks ago we were celebrating because he had beaten cancer.  Many many months of surgery, radiation, transplants, and so on….it looked like he had beaten cancer.  Just last week he went into the hospital with back pain that just wasn’t getting better.  Come to find out, the cancer had returned.  Once again he and his family are preparing for the battle for his life.  We all know the longer this battle goes on and the more procedures we use, the lower probability we have to beat this illness.  For the time being we are staying strong and continue to pray for the best possible outcome.

Mrs. Schlub has opened a You Caring account to help the family as they fight through this so feel free to contact me if you know anyone who can help on that front.  More importantly, for those of you that believe in the power of prayer, please keep this family in your prayears.  They need all the love and support they can get during this difficult time.

So again, when you’re on that run, playing with your kids, or in my case sitting at a desk in air conditioning complaining about paperwork I’m completing….remember the blessing you have and how special they really are, they won’t be there forever.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer has really plagued our family over the years, it is a cruel disease.
    You are so right to trust in the power of prayer. Prayer helps healing, keep praying and you are right time is a precious gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep your friend in my prayers--I do believe in the power of prayer. We should always remember just how blessed we are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really sorry to hear about the news for your friend and his family. I will keep them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad to hear about your close family friend. I'll keep him and his family in my prayers!

    It's ironic that you posted this on the 8th anniversary of a shooting that happened at my school freshman year of college. It's always a day of mixed emotions for me, and it's a bit different every year. But each year it's also a reminder of how precious life is and to be thankful for the blessings you have in life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!