Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Wow It Has Been A While

Hello everyone, long time no blogging!!  Mrs. Schlub and I have had a TON of things going on over the last couple months. 

Here is the quick version.  Mrs. Schlub continued to have pain in her foot so we finally got her into the Dr.  Turned out to be some early arthritis and cartlidge damage.  Not directly caused by running but the large amount of running didn't help.  She elected to have surgery, has been on the mend over the last few months, and just got into a walking shoe which she can start doing some biking.  So great to see her improving each day.

After my half marathon in January, my right foot continued to bother me but I developed a pretty aggressive training plan to get ready for the marathon in February.  Luckily I realized that was a recipe for disaster and pulled out of the marathon.  At this point I took time off to let my foot heal.  I also took on a great opportunity at our church to help build out the youth sports program.  This has me super excited and it has been a great experience so far although has kept our family VERY busy.

Well last night I had my first run in about a month.  Buster and I were able to get out for a nice little 1 mile run lol.


I had mixed feelings about the run.  On one hand it was really frustrating to remember that just three months ago I ran 13 miles at 8 min/mile pace and last night I was struggling to finish this one mile.  THEN AGAIN it felt great to finally get out a knock out a run.  Felt even better when I woke up this morning and my foot wasn't killing me.

So I'm hoping this is the first steps to getting back into the groove of things.

What have all of you been up to while I was away??

4 comments:

  1. WINTER. Record breaking winter! Just starting spring track in the snow. Glad to hear you are doing sports with kids--SO Fun!
    I hope Mrs. S continues healing!
    Your fitness will come back--just don't rush it!
    Glad all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, a new post!

    Glad to hear you were able to get out there for a one miler without any pain!! whoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SO HAPPY YOU'RE BACK! :D

    I really hope Mrs. Schlub's recovery will speed up and her foot will be as good as new in no time. Yours aswell.
    So cool that you're helping out with a youth sports program :) I'm sure it will be great with you on the team :D
    The first run after a long break is always hard, you'll get back to where you were in no time - just please don't kill your foot again! :)

    Uhm. Lots of treadmill runs, lots of meals and food focus, a half marathon, guess that's about it :) oh, and I tried to start trail running, which kind of ended badly xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I'm behind on my reading, as usual (nothing's changed). Glad you're getting back to running and I hope the foot continues to feel good. Don't worry, your endurance will come back quickly with regular running. Sorry to hear bout Mrs. Schlub's foot, but I'm glad she's on the mend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!