Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Monday, January 12, 2015

Slow and Steady Keeps Us Running

I know everyone was sitting around all day wondering how The Running Schlub was feeling when I woke up, ok probably not lol.  Either way, I woke up feeling pretty good.  Feet were a little tight but nothing close to the last few days.  Even better is that my feet weren't hurting at all while I was at work.

I was monitoring my feet all morning to determine if I was going to run on my lunch break.  I felt good so I set out for a nice casual flat run at a large park near my office.  No goals, just wanted to get out and get my legs moving.

Ended up clicking off 5 miles with a few walk breaks throughout the run.  Beautiful day and even better was no pain in my feet.  I've never run through this park before and I was actually surprise with all it had to offer.  I've seen the golf course before but there was also a regular park with a little pond.  Here is a shot across the pond with "my mountain" in the background.


I'm feeling good about making it to the race this Sunday but I'm definitely watching my feet, last thing I need is for that PF to come roaring back.

For my run today I was sporting shorts and a shirt...what outfit did you wear during your last run?

Fyi...I'm just rubbing it in because our weather is amazing right now lol.

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your feet are feeling so much better!:D
    Much luck to you on Sunday!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore running tights and a tank....but I ran inside!! If I was outside, many layers would have been added!! :)
    Nice to see that you are running pain free!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoooo! Glad to hear that you're feeling better!!

    I've never run in anything other than a tank top and shorts or capris lol! I can't even imagine running in pants or long-sleeved shirts, I get warm just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you continue to feel good!!! Be gentle with it!!! :)

    I wore shorts and a tank, and ran on the indoor track. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that your feet are improving. Hopefully it continues!

    Short and shirt for me too, but I was on the treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL well you saw my weekend wrap up and that was the last time I ran- all those layers and the wind pants that give me mom butt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That 's good to hear you feel better, of course I woke up and wondered :)
    Your weather is pretty freakin' awesome lol Hope you have good weather for your event!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You stink! It's freezing here :) I'm glad your feet continue to feel good and hope your race goes well tomorrow. At least you discovered a new park close to work where you can run! Sounds like a great place to run when you need an easy/recovery day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to reading about today's race :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!