Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Eve

Happy New Year's Eve to everyone and I hope everyone brought in the new year as exciting as we did.

Our plan was to enjoy the night with our children, watch the ball drop in New York, then call it a night around 1030 Arizona time.  Well we got a little more than that going on over here.

For all of you on the east coast snowed in and dealing with freezing temps, let me introduce you to the winter wonderland that is Arizona.



That's right folks, to close out 2014 and bring in 2015 we got snow flurries here in AZ.  I think we may be snowed in for the first of January lol.

Hope you had a great New Year's, reminder to get out and run today to start out 2015 the right way then come on back and let us know how your run went.

8 comments:

  1. You'd better grab your snow shovels! ;) lol. Happy New Year Richard to you and your family. I'm heading out for my run shortly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, look at all that now ;-) Happy New Year and I hope you're still able to get out for your New Year's Day run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so that's where our snow is! ha ha! Send it back please! Looks like fun and I hope you and yours enjoyed seeing it! Happy New Year Richard! We got out for a short hike today up the ski hill. Pretty icy and cold but lots of fun to see everyone enjoying the start of a new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize y'all got some snow, too! Woot!
    Here's to a happy and healthy 2015 ~ Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow snow! Happy and Safe New Year to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow! Fun! We are supposed to get some tomorrow. Yay!

    My first run of the year was with my dad (on his bike). Woo hoo! Hope yours was great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny to think you got more snow in AZ in December than I did here in IN!!! I am sure we will beat you out soon though! It is suppose to start tonight and not stop for awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow flurries lol I wouldn't expect that! I confess New Year's Day was my one rest day last week, because I may have had a few drinks New Year's Eve and I was wiped out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!