Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Good Start to 2015??

Hope everyone had a great New Years.

I got out for a great run on Thursday, but before I cover that, I have to let you all know about the epic opportunity I missed out on that morning.  So if you happened by on Thursday you saw I posted that we actually got snow here in AZ.  This time of year we get quite a bit of snow in the north part of the state but it is very rare to get snow here in the big city.  Honestly I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen snow in the city within my lifetime.  The snow was awesome and it really made it a special New Years Eve.  Well the snow was down so low that night that the low range mountains around us actually had snow on the peaks.  I should have woken up and had a nice cool run in the light snow, but instead I slept in and didn't even notice the snow covered peaks until it was too late.  Super lame, don't get chances like that too often.

After the disappointment, I absolutely needed to get out for a run.  We had some plans later that day so I was on a bit of a time crunch.  Hit the trail but no pictures during this run, I was all business trying to get a good hard run knocked out.  Ended up with just over 6 miles, 800 feet of elevation gain, and all under an hour.  I was pretty happy with the effort.


So here we are with our first full week of running in 2015.  Who is ready to start the grind all over again?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great run!! I am jealous of the snow caps, I only have snow corn!! :) Wanna trade?
    I am completely ready to have 2015 be a GREAT running year!!!! I can feel it already!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow caps looked awesome. Totally missed out.

      Yeah I'm ready to dominate 2015 also.

      Delete
  2. Great run, although I'm sorry you missed the peaks. Snooze you lose I guess? Although I probably would have chosen sleeping in, too. :) I can't believe it's time to get back to the daily grind of work and life, but I guess the time has come. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I could of got some epic pics. Yeah returning to work was rough but it was only a matter of time.

      Delete
  3. Happy 2015 to you!! Sounds like you kicked things off perfectly with two very important things: sleep AND a run, awesome result! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I feel good about how I started the year.

      Delete
  4. Great run! I hope it wasn't a bad omen to take a rest for the first day of the year lol I am back in the grind though, checking off runs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!