Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Friday, December 12, 2014

A Random Liebster

So this morning I popped over to Karen's blog to read her recent post and she was completing a Liebster nomination from Marie.  Karen nominated a slew of bloggers to answer some questions so I figured, eh what the heck, I've got some free time lol.

So here are a few of Karen's questions:

What is your current health/fitness goal?
My short term goal is to prepare for our first full marathon in February.  The long term goal is to increase my overall speed and start overall placing in our races in 2015.

From dreamstime.com
Do you have favorite blog post you wrote?
I have two favorite blog posts.  Both were guest blog interviews, the first was with Mrs. Schlub and the second was with Mr. Sage Canaday.  Both were really amazing for me as a blogger.


When you have spare time, or you are on a rest day, what’s your favorite past time?
Favorite past time is spending time with the wife and kids.  With work, sports, and running, it’s nice to take some time and just have some good quality family time.

Do you have sisters or brothers?
1 younger brother

If you could live anywhere on earth, where would it be?
I’m currently living thereJ.  I love to visit other states and eventually will enjoy visiting other countries, but I love AZ.  We have perfect weather 9 months out of the year, no threats of natural disasters, its perfect for me.


Favorite cereal?
Interesting, I would have to say it’s a tie between Captain Crunch Berries and Apple Jacks.  Depends on my mood.

Do you remember the day you found out Santa was not real?
What do you mean Santa is not real??

Piercing or tattoos?
Neither!

Favorite mode of transportation?
Definitely my legs, I would take a nice jog over being on the bike or in a vehicle any day.  If I had to choose an actual device, it would definitely be my truck.  2013 Mrs. Schlub and I purchased a brand new Ford with 11 miles on it.  I think I’m going to have them bury me in this thing, I love that truck lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On tap this weekend Mrs. Schlub and I are participating in the 12k's of Christmas event.  Forecast calls for weather in the mid 50's and about a 40% chance of rain.  Fit some reason that sounds fun and should be a nice sloppy race.  I'll have an update on Monday.

Do you have any holiday themed races on your schedule this time of year?

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about your truck because I feel the same way about my CR-V. I bought it four years ago and when I drove it off the lot it had FOUR miles on it! It was the first big purchase I ever made without my parents help and I still feel like Queen of the World when I drive it! haha

    Hope you guys have a blast at the race this weekend! Are you shooting for any specific goals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaa, I am glad you did a post!! Feb. will here in the blink of eye! Exciting :) How cool you love where you live that much. I love VA as far as natural disasters go, it's a pretty neutral place for that doesn't have tornadoes, earthquakes, etc...but the dang humidity stinks! Tell Mrs. S how awesome she looks for me :) Sorry, I should have been more sensitive about revealing there is no Santa LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!