Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

It's Official!!

I officially signed up for my trail race yesterday.  No going back now!!

My plan is to have some solid runs the rest of this week, Friday will be an off day, then Saturday hit the trail again for the full 13 mile loop.  I really want to get a look at the climb in the last couple miles to see how my legs are going to feel before and after the climb then I can have a game plan on race day.

The Old ITB seems to be in good spirits the last couple days.  I completely took Sunday and Monday off and just focused on rest and stretching.  Yesterday I went out to run/hike the mountain near my work and didnt have any issues.  So I'll stick to the stretching for the rest of this week and hopefully put that little issue behind me.

I'll have to get everyone some pictures of Arizona this time of year, things are really beautiful and the weather is amazing. No BIAS here of course lol.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome! You will do great!
    Do you roll your ITB? It REALLY helps...
    I have found in a lot of trail races most of the people walk the hills--so you have a definite advantage.
    Looking forward to those pictures. It is looking like winter is looming here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can't wait.

      I stick to stretching and rest, I use to do rolling and icing and it actually made my case worse. But that's just me, I know plenty that use that method.

      I am hoping my hill training will help
      At the end of that race.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see the pictures of the landscape, and you'll have to get the Mrs. to take some of you rocking it on the course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get some pictures up.

      We will see about the trail race, it's one big loop so she will only see me at the beginning and end.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it will be awesome :) Enjoy and I am glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really excited to see the pictures! :D Glad your ITB is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures coming soon.

      I'm glad too, had issues earlier this year and it was no fun at all.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on signing up! That's exciting! Also glad to hear the IT Band is feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'll need some of your trail race experience.

      Delete
    2. Just keep moving, don't go out too fast, and try not to fall! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!