Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Would You Take Advantage??

Tonight Mrs. Schlub and I are meeting up with some running friends and heading to our local running store for their monthly fun run and raffle giveaway.  Well waking up this morning I was seriously conflicted….
I woke up to a beautiful 88 degrees and only 25% humidity.  It was absolutely gorgeous out this morning.  What was my first thought??  I need to get out and run in this!!



Well I did not take advantage of the beautiful weather.  As we are running later this evening, I slept in a bit later and woke up just in time to get ready for work and head out.  I feel like it was such a waste of a good day.  I am really hoping the good weather sticks around until this afternoon so I can enjoy the running weather.  Out here in AZ you have to take the good days when you can get them.  I’ll have the running event recap coming tomorrow so I will let you know if the weather stuck around or not.

Would you have taken advantage of the good weather and arrived to work a bit late or just wasted the opportunity like I did??

10 comments:

  1. I am sure 90% of runners in the US would laugh at 88* being good running weather :D I totally understand though! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah, you have to take the good days when you can get them.

      Delete
  2. It's hard to say. I think if I were totally well right now I would have probably wasted the opportunity, but at this point if I can run I will take whatever I can get. We've had such great weather here too! I know it's probably short lived and I'm sad to be missing it. I hope it sticks around for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ive been there, when you have an injury you will take any run you can get. Then again the smart thing is to let ourselves heal so we can run in the long run.

      Delete
  3. That's a tough one! I definitely take advantage of good weather in the winter here in Nova Scotia because you just never know what the next day/later that day will bring. A run and raffle sounds super fun! I hope you win something. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I made the right call, but honestly it was a tough call.

      Delete
  4. I can't go into work late often so I often miss those golden mornings here, it always makes me grumpy lol I am not doing very well this summer getting up early to run. Hope you some decent running in later :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I cant get into work late either so it was definitely a wasted opportunity.

      Delete
  5. I probably would have taken advantage :) In the summertime days like that are hard to come by! But then again, if I had plans for a run in the evening, I may not have gone in the morning, depending on the length and intensity of the planned evening run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man there is always one instigator. I skipped the morning run and waiting to run in the evening. Got to run with the Mrs so that is always preferred.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!