Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Are You Down for a Great Cause??

I had a bunch of things I wanted to cover for today's post but a much more important item came up that I just had to share with all of you.

Mrs. Schlub and I have a good friend that will be participating in this years Susan G Komen 3 Day Walk in San Diego, CA.  There are a number of requirements in order to participate in this event and the one I'm trying to help with is her donation.  Each participant must raise $2,300 for Susan G Komen which goes towards breast cancer research.

In an attempt to raise these funds, our friend is throwing a virtual run to celebrate her 40th birthday with all fees going towards her donations for Susan G Komen.  The run costs $25, will be 4 miles, can be ran anywhere and anytime during the week of September 7th - 14th, and you get a pretty cool finishers medal.

I don't know if there is a more popular charity than Susan G Komen and if you aren't able to attend one of their major events, this is a great alternative with a lot of flexibility to run at your own convenience.  If you are interested in participating or happen to know anyone who would like to get involved please sign up at www.runsignup.com/40thbirthdayrun.  Also, if you happen to have any questions please feel free to leave me a comment and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks Everyone!!

6 comments:

  1. What a great way for your friend to use her birthday for a good cause! Remind me as it gets closer and I'll totally do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I have several friends running for different charities for Chicago Marathon. I wish we weren't so baby broke that I could donate to all of them! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love running for a great cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, haven't heard from you in a while...how's the running?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Schlub! I'm back! lol... How's it going?
    This is a really good idea. I would love to do this. Haha, do you think a finisher's medal would make it all the way to China??
    I have never run a virtual run before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! Good luck! That's a nice medal. They have a 5k here, but I haven't joined - it's very crowded. I'm not sure if they had those medals or not, will have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!