Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Friday, July 18, 2014

Adventure Run and the Big Winner is...

Mrs. Schlub and I jumped into the truck about 6pm and headed to the local running store for their monthly adventure run and raffle giveaway.  Weather was decent, it was only 102* but it was a dry heat lol.  Concept is pretty cool, you have 1 hour to run to as many checkpoints as you can and collect raffle tickets.  We got there with plenty of time to check in, hit the restroom, and of course take a pic together.


This event turned out to be pretty tough. The checkpoints were setup for the super fast which limited our checkpoint options.  We ended up with three checkpoints, about 2.75 miles of running, and a decent amount of tickets.

We got back to the store, turned in our tickets, grabbed a cold beer, and setup our chairs to relax.  I never expect too much from these raffles because there are thousands of raffle tickets and the odds of winning are pretty slim.  BUT at the end of the raffle, they had a grand prize around $300 value and guess who the big winner was.....

Mrs. Schlub.....that's right she won!!  Now I guess there was a mix up with prizes so this is what Mrs. Schlub chose as her prize...


I was super excited for her.  First off she always says "I never win" so her winning was huge.  Secondly she won Asics, in my opinion the best shoes out there lol.  So I'm sure we will stop by the store in the next couple weeks and grab her some new shoes.  Not the best event for running purposes but hey who can complain about some new shoes, so I think we can chalk one up in the win category.

What was the last item you won at a running event?

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, that is a great win right there.

      Delete
  2. These adventure runs sound like so much fun! Helly always does them and I am so jealous that they don't really have anything like that here. :)
    Congrats to Mrs. Schlub on the awesome win!! I never win anything either, but I recently found out that I did win a raffle at Fit Foodie. I have no idea what my prize is yet, but they did ask for my shoe size! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a lot of fun. Fit Foodie?? Thats awesome, hope its new shoes lol.

      Delete
  3. Oh what fun! What a clever idea! And a great prize! I am an Asics fan, too. I haven't been to an event with prizes before, even though our local store has them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its a lot of fun. You have to hit your store for one of their events, whats the worse that could happen??

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to Mrs. Schlub! I agree that Asics are the best shoes out there!!! I really wish they had a run and raffle near my town. That would be so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Asics lover. Yeah you cant beat running and winning cool stuff after.

      Delete
  5. How exciting!!!! Winning a pair of running shoes is like hitting the biggest jackpot ever for a runner!

    I've never won anything at a running event... unless you count happiness lol. So cheesy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, plus they are Asics so that is even better lol.

      Thats not cheessy, thats all Ive won too lol.

      Delete
  6. WHAT??!!! That's so freaking awesome she won!!!!! Go Mrs. Schlub!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we were totally surprised, I'm hoping to jumps to the Asics team like me

      Delete
  7. Nice!!! sounds like a lot of fun! Great prize too! I never won anything running but I did win a winter jacket at a bike race once! Though race was in August and very hot....hey that's what closets are for! happy running Schlubs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tons of fun and it was a fantastic prize. A jacket really?? That is a pretty sweet prize.

      Delete
  8. You Arizonans and your "dry heat." :) That's still hot!! The idea behind the adventure run sounds like a lot of fun - especially the chilling in a chair with a cold beer part! I have only ever won things a few times at raffles after races. I think the last thing was a Virginia Tech pillow at a 10K last year. I always hope to win something, but then it embarrasses me when I do win and have to walk up in front of everyone to claim my prize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA....I know right. The chilling in the chair and cold beet is definitely the best part. Yeah I would be embarassed too but Mrs Schlub handled it like a champ.

      Delete
  9. That sounds really fun except for the 102 temp lol yaaa to the Mrs. :) I love free shoes. I won a $20 gift cert. for second in my age group - wooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When life gives us lemons, we try to make lemonade...or atleast just try not to complain too much lol. Free shoes is awesome,

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!