Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Yikes...when was my last weekly/monthly training recap??

So going back over my posts, my last actual recap was from May 5 giving a recap for the month of April.  What the heck have I been posting about lol.  So here is a recap for the month of May:

Weekly Milage:
5/1 - 5/3 - Total = 3.1 (Stomach bug and rest before setting a new 5k PR)
5/4 - 5/10 - Total = 11.35 miles (Took 2 days off after the 5k and had a 10k that Saturday)
5/11 - 5/17 - Total = 17 miles (Too many rest days that week)
5/18 - 5/24 - Total = 20.5 miles (Virtual run on Sunday, this was a pretty normal week)
5/25 - 5/31 - Total = 22.5 miles (11.5 of these miles was my trail run last Saturday)

Monthly Total = 74.45 miles

Takeaways:
We had three races in the month of May which added extra rest days and really made it tough to follow a training plan.  Yet, I was still able to put up 74 miles over the month which is right around my average.  Had a ton of high points throughout the month that I can really build on headed into marathon training.

1) New 5k PR
2) Ran my first 10k
3) Hit my first summit
4) Knocked out my first run of double digit miles

How was your month of May??  Rising or slumping??

8 comments:

  1. May was an awesome month for you, and I'm glad you started posting videos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the videos, they arent that easy to record lol.

      Delete
  2. yay for may! you had such a great month. keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cant complain, need to start working on long runs.

      Delete
  3. That mountain you climbed counts for double miles!! You had a fun month of running ;)
    I am slumping a bit my self right now, but things go in cycles, right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They absolutely go in cycles. All we have to do is look at our blog posts to see how everything is a rollercoaster ride.

      Delete
  4. Lots of firsts last month. Congrats! 74 miles is a great monthly mileage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there were which is always a good month.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!