Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Yay National Running Day!!



Well this is our first National Running Day.  I "assume" all my fellow bloggers know about National Running Day but if you don't, you can read all about it here National Running Day.

Mrs. Schlub is celebrating NRD by running with her new running group.  Should be tons of fun knocking out some miles.  As for me, a local running store is holding a group run for NRD and I am trying to talk a buddy into going with me.  Hope he can go so we can celebrate running properly.

As far as the perks for NRD, there are a few races Mrs Schlub and I have on our list to sign up for with huge discounts.  Hopefully we get discounts on all of our fall races and we can pencil them in on our calendar. 

What are your plans for running on NRD??  Any races you are signing up for to take advantage of the discounts??

8 comments:

  1. Happy National Running Day! :) I have no big plans for the day, except for an easy three miles. Hope you can get your buddy to go with you tonight, if not you should go anyway! Great way to make new running friends on NRD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 96 degrees when I got out of work so I had to go run 4 treadmill miles but at least I ran! I am glad the running group is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 96 degrees??? Thats beautiful these days in AZ lol. I can totally understand why you would hit the treadmill, running in that is just dreadful.

      Delete
  3. i did my first run since getting sick. it might end up being the only run before my half this weekend...we'll see....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. being healthy is most important. Training will take over and you will kill your run.

      Delete
  4. Happy (very bleated) National Running Day! I knew it existed, and I'm pretty sure I even blogged about it last year, but I totally forgot this year! I was out of town for work that week and super busy, and completely unplugged from social media. But as luck would have it, I did get a run in on National Running Day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you. Busy weak can do that to you. Only reason I remembered is because I had it down on my calendar and Mrs Schlub and I had a few races we wanted to sign up for.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!