Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Monday, June 30, 2014

The Most Excited Ever

In five short days, I am ecstatic to write that Mrs. Schlub and I are officially getting married!!

I apologize ahead of time because this is supposed to be a running blog and I’m taking a bit of a swerve today.  Quick background, Mrs. Schlub and I have been together 8 fabulous years and have been engaged for about 7 of those years. Yes I know our marriage is LONG overdue. She provided a wonderful step-son and two amazing children.  Things have not always been easy but we have worked hard, overcame a lot of challenges, and are truly in a fantastic place in our lives.
The wedding planning process has been stressful (more on Mrs. Schlub’s part than mine lol) and at times Vegas sounded like the way to go, but we are all set for Saturday and I am really looking forward to the wedding.  Mrs. Schlub has some family coming from out of state and my family is here in AZ to come and celebrate this amazing milestone in our lives.
Not to get too sappy but this woman truly is the love of my life.  I cant thank her enough for all that she has done for me personally as well as our little family, she really is the glue that holds everything together.  I’ve told her many times but Saturday is  a stepping stone in the process of us growing old together and spending the rest of our lives with each other.
Let me know one thing about your spouse or significant other that you are tryly grateful for??
- For me, Mrs. Schlub truly makes me a better person and I think that is an important factor in falling in love with someone.

28 comments:

  1. Aww! Early congrats on the wedding! I hope you have a fab day!

    Gosh, I am truly grateful for so many things about my partner... but one of the big ones is that he is my partner in crime and is always willing to help me with things, especially the things I can't figure out on my own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kim, thanks for stopping by.

      Thank you very much, it is going to be a great day.

      Very important attribute, more fun when your partners in crime.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Beautiful picture! (Keep 'em coming!) Have a WONDERFUL day--enjoy each other, and your family!

    I am grateful for my husband--he loves me no matter what, he pushes me to be a better person, HE IS MY BEST FRIEND, and a great father to our 3 kids...

    Praying for a wonderful day and that you two will continue to be a blessing to others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, its going to be a great day.

      Loving your partner no matter what is huge and you can never go wrong with a guy that is a great father.

      Delete
  3. Congrats to the two of you!! That is so exciting! It sounds like you will have a beautiful, perfect day with your whole family!

    I am with you ... Adam pushes me to be a better person and that is something I am grateful for!

    I am also really grateful that I fell in love with someone who is a lot of fun to be around ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, cant tell you how much Im looking forward to the wedding.

      I think that is a huge key to being with someone, looking out for your best interest shows how much they truly care about you. Ah the fun makes it all that much better.

      Delete
  4. Awwww!! How exciting!!!
    I'm seriously obsessed with my husband. He's the perfect guy for me and I love that he loves me JUST the way I am, flaws and all! He's my number one supporter in everything I do and is always there when I need him.
    Congrats to you!!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super Exciting!!

      Never heard it put that way but being obsessed with your husband is a great thing lol.

      Delete
  5. Congrats to you all!! Hope you have a wonderful wedding this week and get to celebrate with all your love ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super excited and I know we are going to have a fantastic time.

      Delete
  6. Congrats! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, going to be a great time.

      Delete
  7. This is the BEST!! You guys are a beautiful couple and I'm so glad you shared this post with us today. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Now you do realize that you're going to have to tell us all about it afterward right? I love weddings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, she is a special woman and Im a very lucky guy.

      I'm absolutely aware that I will need to share more after the wedding lol

      Delete
  8. Congrats! Love to hear how you talk about her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, pretty easy when you remind yourself each day how lucky you are lol.

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful post. I love your picture, beautiful couple :) How wonderful that you are at a good place and can really appreciate each other. God Bless your family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. A lot of work but we have both been committed and willing to work through all the challenges.

      Delete
  10. Wow, all the ebst for Saturday!! Wishing you a beautiful day and a lifetime of happiness. What a gorgeous couple you are! Looking forward to a 'wedding recap' haha, not sappy at all - it is beautiful that you are so in love.
    Hmm, one thing that I am grateful for re: my husband? That he is a well-loved (everyone loves him, animals, people, children, must be his pheromones and nature), calming, beautiful person and that he wanted to spend his life with me too (I am a lucky girl).
    Have loads of fun on Saturday and post lots of photos on here please!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha didnt think about a wedding recap, definitely need to do that.

      Nothing better than knowing what you have and really appreciating it.

      Delete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS! This IS the most exciting news! I hope you had a wonderful wedding day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, and it is going to be a great fun filled day.

      Delete
  12. Awww congratulations and best wishes! I hope all goes smoothly on wedding day and y'all have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Everything is going to be great.

      Delete
  13. How very thrilling!! I am so happy for you both! Sunday July 6th, is actually our anniversary. It's funny because I just told someone how I wondered what in the world made us get married on fourth of July weekend!? But seeing that you are doing it too..... maybe it's a recipe for success!? :)) we also lived together for quite awhile before our marriage. Friends and family had kind of given up on asking.... And sure, it's a running blog, but you MUST post some wedding photos.
    Congratulations! You must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I just like to think that great minds think alike lol.

      I am not sure what we waited for, Im super excited for this weekend and finally start calling her my wife.

      Delete
  14. so exciting!

    i am truly grateful for mr. dawn's attention to details. he is so meticulous and i'm so oblivious. i'm sure that the house would have burned to the ground if it were just up to me. he takes care of so many little things that i would never even think of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting to see how common it is for couples to have polar opposite traits. Mrs Schlub and I have a few that are ridiculously opposite. I guess you can say opposites do attract.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!