Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, June 26, 2014

New Ruby Slippers

The trails around Arizona are about to be DOMINATED!!!


These are my new pair of Asics GEL-Fuji Trabuco 3

I accumulated a couple gift cards to our local running store from Father's Day.  So today I headed down to the store on my lunch break with the purpose of upgrading my trail shoes.  The final decision came down to a pair of Brooks Trail shoes and the Trabuco.  In the end I decided on the Trabuco because:
1) They felt more secure around my foot
2) The soles felt like pillows on my feet
3) Although they have a rock plate, they felt extremely flexible in the forefoot.
4) And in my opinion, they look awesome

I need to start plugging for Asics because I believe I am Asics 4 Life.  Here is my current lineup.


I CANNOT wait for my next trail run to see how these things feel.  My assumption is that just by getting new shoes I will be WAY faster.

Does anyone else have a Brand crush??  Or do you rotate a couple different brands??

18 comments:

  1. Nice!!! The new shoes look really cool. I bet the extra cushioning will help you run faster and easier on the trails. I don't have any trails but I do have this little area where I run over rocks for like 5 seconds on my normal route and it sucks because I can totally feel them through my shoes. If I ran trails I would get the most cushioned shoes I could find... like Hokas!

    I have a brand crush on Brooks :) I run in the Adrenalines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are amazing. these have a rock plate intthe toe box to keep the rocks from pushing through, it's awesome.

      I wanted hokas just because of Sage lol but they don't feel right on my feet.

      Brooks is good, Mrs schlub uses them and a few of our friends. very good following.

      Delete
  2. Nice!! Getting new shoes is always such a TREAT!! Enjoy and let us know how they feel!! I've always run in Adidas both road and trail as they fit my foot so well and I know I can just grab a pair and there are no surprises. But last year I got a pair of Brooks Pure Grits....LOVE 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is a treat and so far they are amazing. that's a good findwith the adidas, gotta stick with what works. yeah Brooks make some good shoes from what I hear.

      Delete
  3. I certainly have gravitated towards Altra and New Balance, but I also really like trying new shoes. I've actually been disappointed thus far with my new Altra Lone Peak 1.5, they aren't sticky on steep rock and they are very sloppy running downhill. So I might branch out for my next pair. I think I might try Kilian's S-Lab Salomon shoe next. Despite it costing a billion dollars it seems to do the job for him pretty well. I might look for a previous years model to save some money though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the Altra line but ended up stickin with Asics as that's my comfort zone. totallyunderstandable when a shoe doesn't perform well in certain sections.

      Delete
  4. YES I LOVE NEW SHOES!!! Congratulations! They are awesome looking and I hope you love running in them.
    I'm not very brand loyal and currently rotate three different brands (My Brooks Pure Connects, Saucony Kinvara, and my new New Balances and I totally forgot what kind they are.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so far they are amazing.

      wow got the full spectrum of shoes. hey as lomg as they are comfortable and help you perform well, that's all that matters.

      Delete
  5. I love my Brooks trail shoes--love love them! But for the road, I like my Asics :) Hope to see you this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we know a lot of people that love Brooks. that was what I was deciding between. but ended up with the Asics. so far the Asics have been amazing.

      Delete
  6. Woohoo! New shoes!! nice one :) New clothes/equipment I always find so motivating hey. I like Brooks, New Balance or Saucony or Asics, but not too strict on which brand I end up with (usually price dictates the chosen ones in the end!). Enjoy your new shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. price always plays a huge factor. it's good that you like a variety of brands, allows you to be flexible when getting new shoes.

      Delete
  7. I love the new trail shoes :) I run in Montrails on trails and I love them. They are very grippy! I use Brooks Ghosts currently for my outside runs, but they feel way to clunky in the gym on the treadmill so I use my Altra Torin's they are so light and yet cushioned. Those are current three loves lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah I've seen some of the montrails, they look cool. totally understand using different shoes for the different workouts. my trail shoes would be horrible on the dreadmill lol

      Delete
  8. Hooray for new shoes! It's so exciting to head out for your first run with new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First run in them was Sunday at it was awesome. So comfortable and it felt like I was gripping the trail so much more.

      Delete
  9. obvy you'll be faster. shoes have built in mechanisms for that. promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, first run was on Sunday and it was amazing. Shoes felt awesome.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!