Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Group Run/Fun Run/Adventure Run

Sorry everyone, got home late last night so I have a really quick post.

Last night a buddy and I went to our local running store for a fun run event they hold each month.  You run around to different stores/restaurants and you get raffle tickets.  When you arrive back at the running store they raffle off some cool prizes.  Running buddy and I had a great time, unfortunately didn't win any raffles, but are already planning on going next month.

Other note is we met up with the running group at this event that I ran with on Memorial Day.  Everyone one is super nice and I really need to find a few more runs to join them on.  They have experienced runners that I think I could get a lot of help from and running with a group makes training so much easier.  Plus, they do a rim to rim run in the Grand Canyon here in AZ that is epic and I want to do that soooo bad lol.  I may have to do a post on that for those that don't know about that run.

Weavers Needle tomorrow so I will have tons of pics on Sunday, how is your weekend looking? Who is racing??

10 comments:

  1. Ahh you MUST do Rim 2 Rim it sounds amazing! It's definitely on my bucket list!

    Do you read Sweaty Emily's blog? Her pictures from when she did R2R2R are awesome: http://www.sweatonceaday.com/2014/05/r2r2r-check.html

    She talks about her training for it here: http://www.sweatonceaday.com/2014/01/r2r2r-training.html

    That group run from last night sounds so fun!!! I wish my local running store did something like that. I would probably force myself to be more social and go to a group run if I could get raffle tickets to win things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its on mine too, and Im in the same state, what is wrong with me lol.

      I'm going to have to read over that.

      You know it was a lot of fun, we are already planning on the next one.

      Delete
  2. Great group to be in with!! You are having all kinds of great running adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, running is really taking me to places I probably would not have gone to.

      Delete
  3. The group run and collecting raffle tickets sounds really fun! And the group run sounds promising. I bet you'd really like having a group to run with during your marathon training and veteran/experienced runners to ask questions along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a ton of fun. I think a running group couldnt really help me continue to imrpove.

      Delete
  4. Sounds a lot of fun re: the raffle ticket group run!

    Umm, the Grand Canyon would be amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tons of fun.

      I know, I would need to take TONS of pictures.

      Delete
  5. That run sounds super fun! No racing for me this weekend, and hardly any running actually, but I did get in a great bike ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey cross training has to be in our training plans also. Give the legs a bit of a rest.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!