Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Miscalculation and Mrs Schlub Knows Best

So I seriously miscalculated why I have been slumping these last few days.  I thought I was battling my allergies and it turns out I'm battling a small cold.  So all these days I'm wondering where my focus has been and my body is simply telling me "hey guy you need to rest." 

Despite this I was prepared to run tonight to stick to my re-focus post yesterday and Mrs Schlub pretty much put a nix to that.  Seriously what would I do without this women?  I do enough dumb things on my own but I cant imagine the number of dumb things I would get myself into if she wasnt here to help me lol.  Looking forward to Mothers Day this weekend to shower her with all the love she deserves.

So new plan, take some meds and rest tonight.  Tomorrow is a full rest day so I should be getting more rest tomorrow.  The Night Run is on Saturday night so hopefully I can get more rest during the day on Saturday and be ready to go for the race.

Who keeps you in check when your over extending yourself???

8 comments:

  1. I don't think I need anyone to keep me from over extending myself--I have the opposite habit of going easy on myself most times...I hope you feel better! Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got better real quick, and was ready for the race by Saturday.

      Opposit habit but I'm sure the kids keep you accountable to making sure you keep your fitness up.

      Delete
  2. Adam does a good job of keeping me in check, especially when it comes to work stuff. If I'm working too much at home after hours he lets me know that life is too short for that!

    Hope you feel better by Saturday night! I read the blog of an amazing woman who is training for an Iron Man ... she was diagnosed this week with pneumonia and though she just had a little nagging cold. The doctor said she was the healthiest pneumonia patient he has ever seen, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats good, nothing like your significant other not only keeping you in check but also partaking in some of the events as well.

      Wow pneumonia, that would of made it tough to run. Luckily my cold cleared up before the run.

      Delete
  3. My hubby doesn't pay much attention to my running and exercise regimen. He works evening shift so he's rarely home with when I get off work, just a few days a week when he's off and those are usually my rest days. I hope you feel better for the run! I slept in today because I have battling tight legs all week...it's just a 5K though, that's what I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well i'm sure running friends and your fellow bloggers help keep you on track.

      Hope the tight legs loosened up before the run. That cold was pretty much gone by our run this weekend.

      Delete
  4. Hope you feel better soon! If you feel frustrated that you can't run when you've got a cold, how about some low-impact strength or weight training or yoga/stretching, if you're feeling up to it? Or just focus on solid rest and getting excellent nutrition in to speed up the process. You'll be right as rain in time for your night race! (positive thinking).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Solid rest was the way to go. I was ready to go by Saturday for the race.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!