Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Glow Run and Another PR

Full race recap to come tomorrow....

This event was race number 3 out of 4 in four consecutive weeks.

Mrs. Schlub and I were running The Night Run 10K on Saturday night.  Now I've never run a 10K before so no matter what time we finished, this would be a PR for me.  Now our goal was to pace Mrs Schlub to a new PR in the 10K.

The race had its challenges but in the end Mrs Schlub powered through and achieved a new 10K PR.  Our finishing time was 1:04:11 with an average pace of 10:20 min/mile,  surpassing her old PR by about 3 minutes.

Recap with pictures coming tomorrow but 2 weeks and 2 PR's, sounds pretty good to me.

How did your running go this weeked?

8 comments:

  1. Great race! Congrats to the Mrs.!
    Not a whole lot of running going on here this weekend...lot's of Mother's day family over, and kid's activities...I was trying to convince everyone that we should do a race next year...no takers...They prefer the BBQ...but I think next year I am playing the "Mom card" and racing, and then I will host the BBQ. Glad my Husband and kids get how much I like running...extended family, well, they think I am nuts...

    So is your next race a 5k?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did great.

      Yeah I can see how mother's day celebration could get in the way of running. The Mother's Day race sounds like a great tradition.

      5K is race 4 out of 4. Its a virtual race so we are meeting up with friends to run it, not sure how hard I am going to run that race. What is your next race?

      Delete
  2. i didn't do any running this weekend!

    congrats to you on another PR! it's always fun to run a new distance, but then i immediately want to do it again to see if i can go faster :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest weekends are just as important as hard training weekends.

      Thanks, that was my first thought but i reminded myself that i start MARATHON training next week...SUPER EXCITED!!

      Delete
  3. That's awesome! I ca't wait to hear the details and see pics :) Great job both of you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had fun for the most part and you cant be upset with another PR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two weeks and 2 PR's is awesome! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!