Take a rest day, have a beer, and watch the Miami Heat lose at the last second (Don't get me started).
So as I was responding to comments from today (by the way thank you to everyone who commented, it was a huge accomplishment and I'm glad I could share it with all of you) I started to think about how much has changed now that I am running on a regular basis. Primarily all the crazy things I am doing now to continue running and improving my ability...
- Drinking 100 - 130 oz of water a day, What The He$%.
- I am doing full stretching exercises at work to avoid injury. I'm talking laying on the ground doing a variety of stretches.
- I wake up at 3:45 AM to hit a trail before work. I use to wake up a half hour before work and even then I would hit the snooze for 5 more minutes of sleep.
- I scale rock faces in an attempt to hit the summit of a mountain (Thanks a lot Cordis).
- I've been dehydrated more times this year than I probably have my entire life before running.
- I've never been a big jewelry or watch guy and now I wear my Garmin EVERYWHERE.
- I see running stickers on cars (13.1, 26.2, Ragnar, Rim to Rim, etc) and pretty much drool in envy
- I've started blogging and spending hours each day reading other blogs to enjoy race recaps and get training tips.
- And the list could go on and on forever...........
What are some of the crazy things you do since you have become a runner??