Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Are The Wheels Falling Off

Trying to stay positive and confident...

I thought my stomach issues from Tuesday were just too much dinner or went running to soon after eating.   Well yesterday,  last night,  and into this morning it's turned into a stomach bug.  FiancĂ© thinks it's dehydration again and she could be right (Shhhh don't tell her lol).  So I'm at work today feeling a bit better,  trying to drink tons of water and keep down some bland and dry food.   I just need my legs rested for Saturday and I'll be good to go.

Any tips for upset stomach? 

10 comments:

  1. Oh no! Rice, banana and applesauce...keep pushing fluids...
    I hope you feel better--soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Banana and fluids was a huge help. Started to feel a lot better on Friday.

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better after hydrating and taking it easy on your stomach.

    On race day if you're not feeling 100% you can take Imodium. I've never done that, but I know a lot of runners do to prevent ... issues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soft foods and lots of fluids really helped.

      Luckily I didnt need the imodium lol.

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better soon!! You could also try mixing in an electrolyte mix (Nuun, etc) that will help you if you are dehydrated

    Related to Kristina's comment - when I played college soccer I knew a few players who used the Imodium trick, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuck with poweraide and water. Lucklily did the trick before race day.

      I was contemplating the imodium, again luckily I didnt need it.

      Delete
  4. At least it's only Thursday you have time to feel better. I hope you do. Drinking a lot is a good idea and try to get to bed and sleep...sleep is a healer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty lucky that I had time to get things under control. Lots of fluids and you are 100% correct, a lot of rest helped.

      Delete
  5. uh oh! luckily, everyone that i've heard of getting this stomach bug it has been fierce, but fast. you should be feeling better by race day. as long as you can be rested and fully hydrated/fueled you'll be able to pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little longer than I would of liked but I was feeling ok by Friday. Would of liked my legs to be a bit more rested but things worked out.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!