4/1/14 - 4/5/14 - 13.32 miles
4/6/14 - 4/12/14 - 22.75 miles
4/13/14 - 4/19/14 - 27.5 miles
4/20/14 - 4/26/14 - 19.93 miles
4/27/14 - 4/30/14 - 5 miles
Total 88.50 miles
Most miles Ive had in a single month since we started running. Great month to build on with marathon training starting in a couple weeks. Also, and even more importantly, this was the first month of training where I didnt have any injuries and I honestly cant remember the last time my ITB was hurting. This is HUGE!!
Pat Tillman Run - Helped Mrs Schlub knock out her goal and had a great time running side by side with her.
Goals for May
- Dbacks 5K - Run the race between 21 and 22 minutes - Goal Met, ran the race in 21:31 and a new PR
- The Night Run 10K - Run with Mrs Schlub and have a great time
- Virtual Run - Recovery run with no time goals
- Continue lunges and squats and hopefully add a weight lifting day each week.
- Add more hill work into my routine
- Add more speed work into my routine
- Have one day for long runs that will eventually build to 20+ miles
I'm slowing down the miles in the first two weeks with the races we have so 100 miles this month is going to be tough. The remaining weeks of the month I should be able to get up to around 60 or 70 miles.
How were your goals for the month of April, did you meet them/exceed them/fall a bit short?? How is May looking so far??