Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Saturday, May 3, 2014

And We Have A New PR!!

Without further delay, here are the official stats from the run:

 
 
I DID IT!!!!!!!
 
My goal was to run the race between 21 and 22 minutes.  Finish time was 21:31 and that is a 6:56 average pace.
 
Mrs. Schlub also hit her goal as well.  She wanted to run the race under 30 minutes and killed it finishing in 28:27 with an average pace of 9:20 min/mile.  She absolutely killed it and she didnt even have the ultimate pacer with her.
 
For me, the race didnt go as smooth as the stats make it out to be and I'll be posting my full race report tomorrow.  I wanted to update everyone on the race, until tomorrow's race recap.

8 comments:

  1. So happy for you both! Way to go! I knew you could do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge race for us! Two PR's and a family run, good times!

      Delete
  2. AAAAAA!!!! so exciting! can't wait to hear about all the ups and downs of those 3.1 miles :)

    in the meantime, congratulations and enjoy the rest of the weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its going to be a long racap lol.

      Definately need the weekend to recover.

      Delete
  3. Congrats to both of you!!! Looking forward to reading your recap tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. LONG racap coming up.

      Delete
  4. What an amazing time! Mrs. Schlub would be a good running buddy for me...too bad you are so far away lol Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great race, we had a lot of fun and got some good family time in.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!