Introduction

Hello, thank you for joining me along my journey of becoming a Runner! I've always been an active guy, played sports in high school and continued into adult recreation sports after high school. As I started my family and found a career, the activity level slowly decreased. Well my Fiance had enough of our lazy ways and started on the Weight Watchers program and completely overhauled our daily meals. Step 2 was getting more active, so we decided to JOG our annual Juvenile Diabetes charity walk and actually enjoyed the activity. The month following the charity walk, we signed up for our first official 5K and had an absolute blast. From that point forward I have officially been BIT by the running bug and this is my journey to becoming a RUNNER!

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I Just Kicked That Runs A$$

The title says it all, dominated last nights run. The Fiancé had a class last night so I got started later than I would of liked.

Came out conservative in the first quarter at 8:24 pace, then turned it up from there. Legs felt great and my stride felt smooth. Ended the first two miles at 7:29 pace. Plan was to shut it down for mile three then hammer home mile four. Well mile three was still pretty smooth at 8:50 pace. Then came out and killed mile four at 7:06 pace.

I was spent at the end but totally happy about the run. Earlier that evening I was telling Mrs Schlub I need a good hard 4 miles to see where I was for our race on the 26th. Well that answers it.

My goal is to finish the 4.2 miles under 30 min and I'm feeling pretty good I'll be ready by race day.

When was the last time you went out and just dominated a run?

8 comments:

  1. Good job on the run! Treadmill or outside?
    I haven't dominated a run in a long time...I have a feeling the first really spring like day we have, my run will be a good one. (Maybe 60 degrees?) But that seems to be my problem, I run very conservatively--always saving a bit in my legs, even on some race days...I really have to work on that--That's why I have been trying to use the GPS/pacing more...buckets of rain today, so it's the treadmill...

    I am sure you will finish in under 30...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was an outside run.

      The Fiance runs very conservatively as well. I have been telling her that sometimes you just need to go for it and let it all loose early. Dont worry about the end result.

      Yeah under 30 is pretty aggressive but I'm going after it.

      Delete
    2. Sometimes I think it is a "mom" thing. I am always thinking, "I still have to be a good(meaning not grumpy and tired) mom after this-- always saving. To the point that I think I use it as a crutch.

      Delete
    3. I Can Understand That But Using It As A Crutch May Be A Lil Too Much. Just Run And Let It Go, Don't Save Anything

      Delete
  2. Way to go! That's awesome!

    You're gonna kill it at the race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so, its a strange distance which makes it tough to come up with goals. But I think this one is very doable.

      Delete
  3. Don't you love runs like that where you just sail! :) You are super speedy...I think you can knock it out! The race will give you a little extra adrenaline. Focus on breathing smooth and enjoy the run! You still have a few weeks to slip in speed work...even better...just think you will be even stronger then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing better than going out and really nailing a run. Thats what gets you coming back. You can have bad runs all week and it just takes one good run to keep you out there lol.

      Havent done speed work in a while, definately need to start doing that again.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!